Complaint Review: Michael J Marth, Immaculate Heart Studios

• Submitted: Fri, December 07, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 14, 2011

• Reported By:clearwater Florida
Michael J Marth, Immaculate Heart Studios
2425 Phillippe Parkway Safety Harbor, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 727-796 9279
  • Web:
  • Category: Music

Michael J Marth, Immaculate Heart Studios Come for music instruction, end up paying for preaching... Safety Harbor Florida

*Consumer Comment: Michael Marth is an extraordinary teacher

*Consumer Comment: hoax!

*Consumer Suggestion: Strongly disagree, Michael's training has been fantastic

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Vindictive Ex-wife files soposed rip-off report

He came recommended. The "studio" is a clutter-fest in the back of his house. Mr. Marth is a talented musician, but spends most of his lesson time preaching about Jesus. Not that I'm not a believer, mind you, but I think when someone is paying for music lessons, that's what they should be getting. I found him condescending, full of himself, arrogant, bossy. He had a lovely wife, with a great voice I seem to remember, but then I found out that they had divorced....he had an affair....imagine, the preacher/teacher...! So if you are looking for instruction, you may want to think elsewhere. Although Mr Marth is talented, no doubt, be prepared to sit for a sermon along with the lesson

A friendly warning
clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2007 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-J-Marth-Immaculate-Heart-Studios/Safety-Harbor-Florida-34654/Michael-J-Marth-Immaculate-Heart-Studios-Come-for-music-instruction-end-up-paying-for-pr-289816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael J Marth, Immaculate Heart Studios

Michael Marth is an extraordinary teacher

AUTHOR: fingerstyle guitar student - (USA)

I have been a student of Michael's for about three years.  Having been a teacher myself in other fields for over 25 years, I always come early to watch Michael relating to whatever student happens to come before me, in order to learn teaching technique as well as music techniques.  This man is an extraordinary teacher.  I have watched him with beginners, going over the same material he must have taught hundreds of times before, and not once did he show a single second of impatience. He was always fully engaged with the student, no matter what the level, as if each student's work was the most important thing in his day.  Do you know how rare and remarkable that is?

And I have watched him with experts, as well.  He is always able to guide them to the next step, to bring out the best in them.

Never once did he "preach" to me about Christianity.  Being Jewish, I never felt in the least bit uncomfortable about taking lessons from him.   Just the opposite, in fact, since this man's Christianity is one of the heart, with no need to push it. His openness and heart have helped me with my music.

Music is not just technique.  It's well known that music needs to have soul and heart, no matter what the style.  If you learn from a teacher with an open heart, chances are yours may open too, and your own heart will infuse into your music.  This has nothing to do with religious creed.  I have always felt uplifted and motivated after leaving Michael's studio.

And of course there is no question that the man is a musical virtuoso in all forms of the guitarand voice as well.  Being able to play and being able to guide students along the path to develop their own playing are two different skill sets, and Michael has them both.

AUTHOR: christian - (United States of America)

This individual obviously never had any guitar lessons from michael marth. Because if they did...this comment would obviously not be posted. Michael had never once "preached" to me about Jesus, seemed bossy, arrogant, full of himself, or condescending. And thats how know this "ripoff report" is a hoax. Also, i wouldnt recommend any other teacher over michael. if anything...youd be lucky to have him as a teacher because i infact have had guitar lessons from other "professionals" and their methods of teaching were weak. i actually signed up to ripoff report just so i could post a rebuttal on Michaels behalf. i have been getting lessons from him for over two years now and recently stopped due to school but when school was over i tried to find his number over google and found this crap. i sincerely feel sorry for the person who wrote this garbage.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Strongly disagree, Michael's training has been fantastic

AUTHOR: Guitar_student - (U.S.A.)

My daughter and I both have been a student of Michaels for over a year. We have many times commented on his ability to teach and mentor at any skill level and age. Michael's talent and vast knowledge of music allows him to help get you to the next level whether it is at the very beginning or advanced.

I have found Michaels religeous beliefs to be a strength. This conservative foundation is one of the reasons I recomend him as a teacher. I could only dream of a world where all my instructors and all my kids teachers would have this foundation of morality. seriously.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Vindictive Ex-wife files soposed rip-off report

AUTHOR: Owner - (U.S.A.)

No person has ever been ripped-off by my business.
If this person was truely a dissatisfied customer, they would have recieved a complete refund of their money from me. No questions asked.
I don't preach, I don't discuss my personal life with my students, I teach music.
I run a music studio for private music instruction. I have been in business for 36 years. I have students of all ages and levels of ability. Many have gone on to music as a profession.
It is unfortunate this person did not have the deciencey to express their unhappiness with my instruction. If they were infact a student of mine.
I believe this was not a student of mine but my ex-wife or someone she put up to the job of trying to hurt my business.
I hope that whoever wrote this, dosen't have to experience being slandered over the internet.
Michael Marth