Complaint Review: Michael Kovaleski

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Kansas City Missouri
Michael Kovaleski
1011 W White Oak St Independence, Missouri USA

Michael Kovaleski Construction, con artist, sob story, theft Independence Missouri

*Author of original report: Any Info APPRECIATED Volvo

*General Comment: About this car

*Consumer Comment: This Loser is on a Roll!!

Michael Kovaleski (owner Metro Quality Repairs) was paid to do a remodeling job on my home. When you meet him you will think I found the man for my job. He comes in a full form, extremely energetic, excited to work on your home and charismatic. In the beginning he appears to have a solid work ethic. However, time will tell he knows how to appear to be a hard worker in the first few days but all he does is rip out and move a few things to appear busy. I purchased the materials (thousands of dollars) and he did not install the purchased materials. He is incredible with words and stories and slowly sucked more and more money out of me. One day, before his lack of character was obvious, he asked if I would like to sell a vehicle and agreed to take it to a friend, who has an auto shop, for repairs and collected $300. After months he would not disclose where the vehicle was and completely stopped working on the job. When confronted I received one sob story after another and countless lies about his integrity. He owns a sobriety home and uses this as a cover for decency in the community. Come to find out, the unfortunate reality is he collects over $1,000 in rent a month and his tenants live in a nasty dump.

In addition, he is a hypocrite as I ran his criminal record and he is still in active addiction with drug related charges. To date he has not returned the materials I purchased or my car. I told him I would wash the labor money I had given him in exchange for my vehicle and the materials and he did not do that. Although, he made it as difficult as possible telling me he was in route etc. etc. etc. His sob stories were quite intense and he came across as very sincere in the beginning; all part of the act. He's a straight up con artist and uses new and interesting medical stories when he is desperate for pity. It has been said that a good person cannot feel anger and pity at the same time. Mr. Kovaleski must know this all too well and employs this strategy consistently. I strongly encourage individuals who have been used by this person to step up so we can save a few of his future victims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Kovaleski/Independence-Missouri-64050/Michael-Kovaleski-Construction-con-artist-sob-story-theft-Independence-Missouri-1061860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Kovaleski

Any Info APPRECIATED Volvo

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - ()

Yes, that is my vehicle. Michael Kovaleski never gave me any money for the vehicle. In fact, he collected $300.00 for parts from me claiming he would fix it and help me find a seller. He then gave me numerous sob stories as to why he couldn't return my vehicle. I finally had to report it stolen. Please call the police and add any info you have to case number 13.042235.

#2 General Comment

About this car

AUTHOR: Becka - ()

Elizabeth,

Hi, I am just curious if this car may have been a late model Volvo.  I know this man is the biggest smooth talker that ever walked the earth. I personally dont trust him and I believe that if he is living in this manner, he should not have two small children in his home. I seen this car personally because he asked if I wanted to buy it. He said that he bought it really cheap and was going to fix it up. I was just curious because it fits the time period of the car you have had stolen in question.  This is sickening to me that those people live that way and they both (him and his wife) act like they are so much better than anyone.  There definately needs to be action done because obviously he is going around and scamming everyone he can.  I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

This Loser is on a Roll!!

AUTHOR: Darren - ()

Hello,

My girlfriend and I were also scammed by this loser.  I filed our report, which was for boat repairs on this site as well.  Looking back I can't believe that we didn't check him out, but like you said in your initial report:  He said all of the right things, appeared trust worthy and knowledgable.

We too looked up his background since realizing that we were scammed and found the same drug charge as well as a handful of small claims civil cases.  I would appreciate you keeping me updated if you should find out anything more about Mr. Kovaleski and we will do the same.

Best of luck to you and thanks for filing your report.

Darren