Complaint Review: Michael Leroy Robertson

• Updated: Tue, May 07, 2013

• Reported By: Scammed — Memphis Tennessee
Michael Leroy Robertson
Memphis, Tennessee USA

Michael Leroy Robertson Mortgage fraud, fraudulent escrow account Memphis Tennessee

I was rippedoff by Michael Leroy Robertson.  Sept. of 2012 I contacted Robertson because my fiancé and I were looking to purchase a home.  I trusted him because he was a friend of my sister and was the closing broker on my home i purchases in 2006.  Robertson took my information along with my fiance's and told us we were approved.  I wanted to use my VA loan because out is 100%.  Robertson instructed me to write a check to RMC select for 1965 dollars.

I asked what the money was for since VA loans are 100%, Robertson stated I had to put a thousand in s escrow and 900 at closing.  Robertson then stated he found a lender who would allow up to 25,000 in repairs, but it required a 650 dollar at deposit.  When my husband and I found a house he began to stall when it came time to pay the earnest money.  He gave me Realastate agent excuses everyday and then he wrote a check for 500 dollars inwhich it was returned frozen and insufficient funds. [continued below]....

.....  Robertson also lied about ordering an inspection and appraisel on the property.

I contacted the VA and was told there had not been an expection ordered on the house.  Mr. Robertson tried to cover his tracks by sending a fake email from Westminister funding the lender he claimed was financing my loan.  I contacted them and was informed that they are not mortgage lenders.  Roberson claimed the company was holding my money and refusing to release it. I encourage anyone who has been Scammed by this sorry excuse for a human being to file a report with your local police because my case has been classified as fraud not civil.  Also beware of his newest scam of using credit cards to purchase low income properties.

Robertson Also tried to scame on house flipping with a St. Louis mortgage broker Wayne Brown.  After declining he told me I was approved for a business loan in which he and mortgage broker Wayne brown of St. Louis applied for credit cards in my name and started a fraudulent business.  Please beware and contact your local authorities if you have been scammed by Michael Robertson.  He as also been arrested for fraud and identity theft in 2002.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Leroy-Robertson/Memphis-Tennessee/Michael-Leroy-Robertson-Mortgage-fraud-fraudulent-escrow-account-Memphis-Tennessee-1049169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Leroy Robertson