Complaint Review: Michael Monmaney

• Reported By: Tom A. — Sioux Falls South Dakota
Michael Monmaney
3307 North Cliff Avenue Sioux Falls, South Dakota USA

Michael Monmaney Failed to Perform Work as Contracted Sioux Falls South Dakota

I answered a CraigsList Ad for a professional painter. Michael Monmaney, the owner, arrived and gave me a reasonable estimate. A contract was signed and he was given half of the money for the project in order for him to cover the upfront supplies cost. He did receive $475 up front. The contract was signed on April 25, with an agreed completion set at 4 days. As of today, 24 days has past and only about 10 percent of the work has ever been done. Michael and I have exchanged about 35 e-mails over the past 24 days, with each of his responses with a different excuse as to why he cannot work on the project.

Finally, he said he would refund my money and would not complete the project. He admits he has left town. He knew I had a timeline set up, as my house is going on the market. I am now stuck having to hire a new painter and am already behind my deadline. He has put the potential sale of my home in jeopardy. I have documented e-mails and a contract he signed stating the work would get done. After conducting various internet searches, I have found that he has been scamming people for several years in at least three different states.

It appears that he continues to change the name of his company to avoid detection. He also has what appears to be several active felony warrants for illegal criminal actions related to the business. I can scan and e-mail the signed contract, and can forward over 35 e-mails that will indicate the numerous correspondence between Michael and I.  Michael has contacted me and stated he would refund me and would overnight me a check.  However, that check did not arrive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 04:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Monmaney/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57105/Michael-Monmaney-Failed-to-Perform-Work-as-Contracted-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-1052238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Monmaney