Complaint Review: Michael Murray, Proquality.com, Done-Rite Construction

• Submitted: Sat, September 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:Grand Lake Colorado
Michael Murray, Proquality.com, Done-Rite Construction
1654 Centaur Cir., Lafayette, CO80026 Lafayette, Colorado U.S.A.

Michael Murray, Proquality.com, Done-Rite Construction Contracted for job, took check for $1500 to do paint and gutters on Denver house and disappeared. Has phoned 40 times with excuses as to why work hasn't been done. Will not do the work, or give my money back. Lafayette Colorado

*Author of original report: Michael Murray or George G. Richey? Proqualityrr or Done-Rite Construction and Building

Michael Murray (may not be his real name) responded to my ad on craigslist seeking a handyman/contruction person. On June 5th, 08 I entered into a work contract with him to paint my house, put on new gutters, and do some landscaping. Then, I stupidly gave him a check for $1500. The contract states in detail, what was to be done and that it was to be finished by July 15, 08. My check was cashed that very day and I haven't seen the guy since.

Oddly, he has phoned me probably 40 times since then giving all variety of excuses as to why the work hasn't been done. (Some of the excuses are quite imaginative by the way)

Finally, I asked him for my money back. He admitted to me that he didn't have it. I still gave him the option of doing the work. Still he hasn't done a thing, except pull up some weeds in the front yard and put down some dead sod, so that now it looks worse than it ever did before!

I could call him right now and he would promise to be at the house working tomorrow morning. He has told me that at least 40 times, and has never shown up.

I did report this to craigslist. This "Michael Murray" claims to live in Lafayette,CO with his wife who is an attorney with the Bureau of Indian Affairs in Boulder, CO.

I pretty much have lost hope of getting my money back. I suppose I'll paint the house myself since now I can't afford to hire someone else! At least by filing this report with your organization, perhaps I can protect others from being robbed by him.

Cuss-tomer
Grand Lake, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2008 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Murray-Proqualitycom-Done-Rite-Construction/Lafayette-Colorado-80026/Michael-Murray-Proqualitycom-Done-Rite-Construction-Contracted-for-job-took-check-for-372576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Murray, Proquality.com, Done-Rite Construction

AUTHOR: Cuss-tomer - (U.S.A.)

Yet another report quite similar to mine on Michael Murray. This time his name is George G. Richey! I think it's the same guy!