- Report: #6048
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Michael Rastedt
Michael Rastedt2341 W. Taylor St. Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Michael Ramstedt of Historic Realty, Inc. is not a "good faith" realtor.
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Unfair attack. Not based on "facts"
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. Michael misrepresented the property in the listing in several ways. He indicated that the property: had oil heat (it has a gas); had a wood-burning fireplace (it has a broken inoperable fireplace); had fireplaces in all three units (there is one 'inoperable fireplace'); had dishwashers in two units (it had a dishwasher in one unit).
2. Michael did not inform us (the buyers) that one of the furnaces in the building was broken.
3. Michael refused to produce a disclosure statements within the specified time, and, when reminded that this could cause legal problems for him, threatened to stop negotiations.
4. Michael indicated that the owner would perform several repairs that the owner later indicated he knew nothing about (e.g., stabilizing the back deck, performing ceiling repairs in one unit). Although the owner later agreed to perform the repairs, Michael initially misrepresented the information and, as a result, damaged our belief that he will perform his duties in a conscienious manner.
5. Michael, acting as the owner's agent, accepted deposit money from renters that he knew we, the purchasers, would not approve. This act was not in compliance with prior agreed-upon terms between us (the buyers) and the owner. Although Michael was told by the owner that these terms should be accepted, and Michael was in the room when these terms were discussed between all of us, he claims he "forgot" when accepting the rent deposit.
6. Michael, also a tenant in the property we are trying to purchase, indicated that he would send a copy of all the leases in the building to our realtor and/or our lawyer in order for us to secure a loan with our bank; however, when he did not forward the leases when he promised to, he admitted that he did not have the kind of lease he told us he did, and that he wanted to rewrite the current lease to better protect himself prior to giving it to our realtor. This action will delay and possibly prevent us from obtaining funding to purchase this property.
Michael Ramstedt's attitude throughout this process has appeared to be arrogant and his actions counter-productive and destructive. We do not trust his ability to perform as a realtor and we do not recommend him as a real estate agent.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Rastedt/Chicago-Illinois-60612/Michael-Ramstedt-of-Historic-Realty-Inc-is-not-a-good-faith-realtor-6048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.