- Report: #375053
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Michael Ufret
Michael Ufret1001 Copper Creek Drive Canton, Georgia U.S.A.
Michael Ufret Sold broken Aquarium chiller and refused to honor guarantee Canton Georgia
*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The chiller was not broken at the time of the sale
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Since the list price on this chiller is about $850 new, it seemed like a pretty good deal to pay $400 for this chiller.
The seller promised that it worked well and he would provide a 30 day money back guarantee.
On August 21, 2008, my aquarium maintenance technician installed the chiller. Although it powered up, it just blew room temperature air, and did not cool the water as it was supposed to. Since the water in the tank immediately began rising, he disconnected the chiller. It ran for approximately 10 minutes.
Mike Ufret refused to respond to repeated emails and voicemails until I finally contacted him through the Atlanta Reef Club forum. He then concocted a story about how the chiller was damaged due to improper installation.
1) When the chiller was purchased, Mike said "you may have to shake it and tilt it around a bit to get it working". That was the extent of his buyer instructions. He did not say anything about it being in danger of being broken.
2) At the time of sale, Mike guaranteed to take the chiller back if I had problems. He repeated that promise on the phone when I first reported the problem. He only refused to take it back and give me the money back after the check had cleared the bank. It is obvious in retrospect that his intent was to delay the transaction until the money had cleared and a stop payment could no longer be issued.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2008 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Ufret/Canton-Georgia-30114/Michael-Ufret-Sold-broken-Aquarium-chiller-and-refused-to-honor-guarantee-Canton-Georgia-375053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.