Complaint Review: Michael Wright

• Updated: Sat, July 31, 2010

• Reported By: Fred — Pembroke Pines Florida United States of America
Michael Wright

Michael Wright Craigslist SCAMMER!!! Internet

I first received an e-mail from this guy after I listed a posting of a kiteboard I was selling on Craigslist.com. He disguised his name as Abraham Roberts and his email was abrahamrobert2@gmail.com. He said that he cannot come personally to see the kiteboard but tells me that he will be sending me a check in the mail and asks for my full name and address to send it to. Right here I should have had red flags going up, but I provided my information anyway, thinking that it was legit.

The check he sent me was for $1,800. I was selling the kiteboard for $400. He told me to keep $500 for the price plus a tip and send the rest to "his shipper" via Western Union and he provided me some information to which I should send the money using Western Union. Having the knowledge of fraud checks/money orders and scammers' dependability on Western Union and other bank wiring services to receive their money, I realized that this was bogus and dealt with the rest quite angrily.

If you ever receive emails in anyway similar to the one I got for items you're selling on craiglist or a similar site, IGNORE THEM and at the every least, do NOT give out ANY of you're information. Not even your name!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2010 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Wright/internet/Michael-Wright-Craigslist-SCAMMER-Internet-628062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Wright