• Report: #1020066

• Reported By: Dan — Hoffman Estates United States of America
Michel Mercier

Michel Mercier False Advertising on No Tangle BrushesInternet

*Consumer Comment: wrong phone number

*Consumer Comment: contact info?

Please Beware of the Michel Mercier Ultimate Detangling Brush ads.  The commercial advertising a brush that has no pain, which my daughter saw and said she wanted. It is $14.95,and its a buy 1 get 1 free, buy you have to pay the additional $5.95 for the free one.  In other words, its $14.95,plus $5.95 for the first one, then the additional $5.95 for the second one. For a total of $26.85.  So I ordered online.

Of course when you are asked to select your brushes, you are given three color choices one for each type of hair, thick, normal or fine. So I chose one normal and one fine.

The first thing you do is enter your credit card info.  You are not given a chance to confirm your order.  At the very least, like most reputable online store, you see exactly what you are getting, before you authorize.  Here, you click place order, and then you are taken to a different screen, where it asks you if you are interested in some other beauty product.  The "Yes" in highlighted, and the "No" is much less emphasized.  So you click no, then you are taken to an entirely different page, and asked about a different beauty product.  This happens seven or eight times.  You are even asked about buying expedited shipping for $7.95.  When you click no, you are asked again, but now its only $4.95.

So then when my order finally pops up, it has now confirming that I am getting 4 brushes for a total of $53.70.

So I called them.  They said they could not help me until the next morning because the order needed to upload overnight.

I told them if I could not get two different brushes, that I would only want one.  They told me, I could not order just one, I was required to get two of the same brush, and required to pay the additional $5.95 S&H.

This company is obviously a scam, and using deceptive practices to get lots of people to pay extra for nothing.

Tomorrow, when they open, I will be cancelling my entire order.  I am assuming I will be able to do just that.  I cannot support such a fraudulent corporation.  I should have known better.  It has been a long time since I ordered anything from a TV commercial, and it will now be a long time before I ever do it again.

I am writing this as a warning to other buyers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michel-Mercier/internet/Michel-Mercier-False-Advertising-on-No-Tangle-BrushesInternet-1020066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michel Mercier

wrong phone number

AUTHOR: Sunny - (U.S.A.)

Dan, the phone number you have displayed for the company is too many numbers. pls advise the correct ph number-I'd really appreciate it, I need to call them. thanks

contact info?

AUTHOR: Sunny - (U.S.A.)

I have a problem with them too, where can I find their phone number? I've looked all over the site and see none, only a form. I agree about the rigamoro they put you thru to pay, it's rediculous. Not to mention I paid a huge amount for faster shipping and it still took 3 weeks to the day to receive it. I can assume they will say it meant "faster for us to ship" rather than Priiority/2 day etc