Complaint Review: Michel Tire

• Reported By: Linda — Hamilton Ohio United States of America
Michel Tire
750 NW Washington Blvd Hamilton, Ohio United States of America

Michel Tire Put life in danger Hamilton, Ohio

My granddaughter was having trouble with her car so took in to Michel Tire for some needed repairs.  We picked the car up on March 7, 2012 and I paid $961.61 for the repairs.  They told her that an axle was bad and needed replaced and that it tore up her rotors on her brakes so those had to be replaced.

Six hours as she was on her way home from work she was exiting the expressway and almost lost control of the car.  The car became hard to steer and would not shift down to slow down, forcing her to take an expressway exit at a high rate of speed.  She was finally able to get it to the side of the road and stopped.

I went to her as soon as I could and we called a tow truck but since I knew someone with a garage in that area we had the car towed to his shop.  After he inspected the car he said that the axle had pulled or fallen out of the transmission and in his opinion that the wrong part had been put in.  He checked the numbers and sure enough-- the Wrong Part number!  With this happening there was also the possibility of damage to the transmission!  I also checked with two other mechanics to make sure this was right.

I contacted Michel Tire and their first question was, why didn't you have the car towed to us?  Well, I am so glad that I didn't because they would have never told me the truth about the car.  Michel Tire insisted that the car had to be towed to their shop so they could check it out and fix it.

Once they got the car, they tried to deny that the problem was their fault.  Also, they told me that they didn't know about the transmission cause they didn't do transmissions.  They finally agreed to have a tranmission shop check out the car. The next day they called and said that the original part had to be ordered from Toyota, but they were trying to get out of being responsible for the tranmission.

This is still not settled.  I tried finding the information about the corporate office so I could talk to them, but so far I haven't found that information. Like I told the man at Michel Tire, a mechanic is responsible for people's lives.  If they don't do their work correctly people can get killed.  That manager didn't seem to get it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michel-Tire/Hamilton-Ohio-45013/Michel-Tire-Put-life-in-danger-Hamilton-Ohio-852554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michel Tire