Complaint Review: Michelle Decarlo-State Farm Insurance

• Reported By: longtimecustomer — littleton Colorado United States of America
Michelle Decarlo-State Farm Insurance
5912 S. Cody Street Internet United States of America

Michelle Decarlo-State Farm Insurance Horrible CUstomer Service , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Not the service you expected?

I have been a customer with this state farm agency for more than ten years. I will continue to use the services of the State Farm Insurance Agency but I will no longer be using this office. Over the past 6 months their level of customer service has been deteriorating to the point were I wonder how they can stay in business.

We had two cars and our house insured with this company. In April we received a call about how when we sold an older vehicle in January they accidentaly canceled the policy for all three cars. They fixed it , no problem. Well recently we decided to sell a second car to my wife's sister. We called to remove the policy from this car and were told that it would be done in August. In September of this year I called to have new insurance cards sent to us and was told that the policy had lapsed on our 2nd car. Confused I inquired as to how this happened and was informed that it was because of non payment and that the policy had lapsed in JULY. The kicker is I was enrolled for auto pay and this should not have happened. We recieved no phone calls, letters, e-mail AND the person I spoke to in AUGUST regarding canceling the policy on the car we sold MADE NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of the policy being lapsed.

We learned about this in the beginning of September and have been trying to get someone, ANYONE on the phone to discuss what to do to fix the issue. We did not receive a call back for over a week and when we did the person we worked with, Karen, told us it was our fault for letting the policy lapse and that we would now have to pay double the insurance rates because we were driving uninsured. After speaking with her I discussed the situation with the office manager Eric, who said he would work on fixing what happened and agreed that their lack of communication regarding the policy war " 100% their fault. He promised to call back and then NEVER DID. Instead another agent called, told us that there was nothing they could do, that we were " lucky" that we were insurable by State Farm at all. REMEMBER, IT TOOK THEM A MONTH TO RETURN PHONE CALLS REGARDING THE SITUATION AND THEY FAILED TO CONTACT US IN THE FIRST PLACE. Also remember that I have been a loyal client with this particular agency for over 10 years.

I would urge you to take your business to another agent as these people seem not to care at all about their clients and would rather place blame than fix a glaring issue with their ability to communicate or provide adequate customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2010 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michelle-Decarlo-State-Farm-Insurance/internet/Michelle-Decarlo-State-Farm-Insurance-Horrible-CUstomer-Service-Internet-645003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michelle Decarlo-State Farm Insurance

Not the service you expected?

AUTHOR: david16 - (United States of America)

First of all, i would like to apologize as a staff member in an agent's office that you received such poor service.  We strive to do the best with all our customers.  However, having said that, the agent's office is not responsible to let you know when your policies are cancelling.  They should, but don't have to.  You should have received a notice stating your policies were going to cancel from the Regional Office. Also, if your bank account was not showing any withdrawals from State Farm on a regular basis, why did you not call and inquire about that with your agent?  Lastly, unless they/you can prove that it was the agents office fault for letting your policies cancel, they have to follow the rules set down by the Insurance Commisioner for being able to reinstate your coverage.  Normally this is hard to do if you haven't had insurance for more than a 30 day period.  Having said all this, I want to state that this is not common for all agents and is in fact, the rare occasion where an agent's staff fails in providing the excellent service that people have come to know from State Farm.  I hope that you continue your policies w/State Farm as your tenure with us is appreciated.