- Report: #1063669
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Michigan CPS & State Government
Michigan CPS & State Government411 E Genesee, Saginaw, MI Lansing, Michigan USA
Michigan CPS & State Government PA 511 is a license for CPS to kidnap children Lansing Michigan
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
722.628e Investigation checklist.
(1) The department shall implement an investigation checklist to be used in each investigation of suspected abuse and neglect handled by the department.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), an investigation shall not be closed until the checklist described in subsection (1) is completed.
(3) A supervisor must review the completed checklist. If the supervisor determines that the investigation complies with the investigation checklist and with the following state laws and department policy, the investigation may be closed:
(a) Face-to-face contact was made with all alleged child victims.
(b) A petition was filed as required by sections 8d(1)(e), 17, and 18.
(c) A petition was filed when court intervention was needed to ensure child safety.
(d) Any other items that impact child safety and well-being that are specifically outlined in department policy to require the approvals outlined in subsection (4).
(4) If the supervisor determines that the investigation does not comply with the investigation checklist and the state laws and department policy outlined in subsection (3), the supervisor shall determine the reason the investigation checklist and state law or department policy outlined in subsection (3) were not followed. An investigation that falls under this subsection shall not be closed until after the local office director has reviewed the investigation.
Michigan PA 511 is an ambiguously written law that claims to put a checks & balances on CPS. What it does in reality is allows CPS to violate the law & CPS protocol. If the worker does violate the law & CPS protocol, the supervisor "investigates" & explains why the laws & protocol were violated. Then it is passed to the office director who repeats the process. The way the law is currently stated is that the office director can them close the case. I was told by the senator who wrote the bill's office is that the office director is supposed to notify the higher ups & there is supposed to be a "thorough" investigation. Unfortunately, the intent of the law & letter of the law are very different. The practice of the law does not in any way follow the intent of the law.
I was told there is a strict checks & balances the worker MUST follow in the investigation. That list is also very ambiguous.
Please have your members contact their senator & representative. Also call the house & senate chairs for the committees:
Families, Seniors and Human Services Judy Emmons Committee Chair
email@example.com committee clerk
Families, Children, and Seniors Representative Kenneth Kurtz Committee Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org committee clerk
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michigan-CPS-State-Government/Lansing-Michigan/Michigan-CPS-State-Government-PA-511-is-a-license-for-CPS-to-kidnap-children-Lansing-Mi-1063669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.