Complaint Review: Micro Center

• Reported By: malberga — westbury New York
Micro Center
655 Merrick Ave Westbury, New York USA

Micro Center poor customer service Westbury New York

*General Comment: so where is the ripoff??

Disgusted with the attitudes of its employees. Yesterday my boss wanted me to go get a 40 inch monitor. plus two upgraded HD for our laptop plus two 3 TB networked backup drives. over $1000. He did not want to drive all the way over to the store so he called them. They said there was no way to order on line and pickup at the store.

I go on the webite that trouts 18 min. order pickup. Wow..

We go, the sales people work on commission and are not interested in anything but that. getting their commission. I know its my fault that when we get back to the office I have two 31/2 desktop drives instead of 21/2 laptop drives. I trusted the slick fast talking commissioned salesman, I was explicit about the drives.

So my boss does not want waste his time and spend 2 hours returning the wrong products. So I go online to the webite and place the order. We enter my bosses credit card info and I think we are home free until the confirmation page informs us that we need to present an Id at the time of pickup. This was after the credit card was dinged. I even went on the CC card website and sure enough it was a pending transaction.

Well before I leave, we agree if everything goes as planned, I will buy a $999 laptop...

trying to reason with the un-educated manager was useless. there was no and I mean no empathy. THE CUSTOMER IS WRONG no matter what.

Warning, most things are factory seconds

Do not shop there, you can buy most anything from Amazon and have it within 2 days.

My name is Michael Alberga and I approve this review!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Micro-Center/Westbury-New-York-11590/Micro-Center-poor-customer-service-Westbury-New-York-1058285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Micro Center

#1 General Comment

so where is the ripoff??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

If its because your boss needs to show his ID upon pickup of the merchandise, thats a common practice to keep these companies from giving the wrong items to the wrong ppl. Im guessing you were sent as the person to pick it up. Unfortunatly, the company policies are what that manger HAS to follow. YOURE not paying his paycheck. The company he works for does. He HAS to follow thier policies no matter what.

As for the online order and pick up. Im betting your boss tried to do a "Over the phone" order. Given the amount of CC fraud these companies have to deal with, this is also a common practice. He was probably informed that he HAD to go to the website.

In this case the customer IS wrong. Youre asking them to do something that will get them potentially fired. Many companies use secret shopper to catch stores that are breaking policy.