Complaint Review: Microsoft X-BOX Live, Microsoft Corp

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 31, 2009

• Reported By:fairfield Ohio
Microsoft X-BOX Live, Microsoft Corp
One Microsoft Way Redmond, Washington U.S.A.

Microsoft X-BOX Live, Microsoft Corp Microsoft X-Box Live Bill.ms.net Blind-sided my Crdit card w/Continuous Authorization Redmond Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: The support line was correct...

I am so pi**ed off at Microsoft X-Box Live! I recently learned that on my bank statement bill.ms.net have charged me $43.75. I called 800-469-9269 to find who is charging and how to stop! I was told that someone signed up to download games and movies with points w/my credit card # at hand. I spoke to my son and he said that my name and credit card # was already on the account. I asked the rep on the phone, how did they get my info. The rep said someone had to manually enter it- I said that's not true! I requested for a refund and was told that they are not allowed to give refunds for the points which one would have to purchase to download games. They left me high and dry!

I also requested to have my cc# removed and they said it would take a few days- this sounds iffy. I plan on investigating this further. If you purchase a X-Box and it has the X-Box Live on it, make sure you remove your cc# and name if you don't want what is called- "Cat" (Continuous Authorize Transaction). Also, remember to cancel any subscription before the 30day "free" trial is up- if not it will automacticly renew.

Sheree
fairfield, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft-X-BOX-Live-Microsoft-Corp/Redmond-Washington-98052/Microsoft-X-BOX-Live-Microsoft-Corp-Microsoft-X-Box-Live-Billmsnet-Blind-sided-my-Crdit-305917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft X-BOX Live, Microsoft Corp

#1 Consumer Suggestion

The support line was correct...

AUTHOR: Alisa - (U.S.A.)

The only way your credit card information is given to Xbox live is by entering it in manually. Either your son downloaded those movies and games, did you check his downloads or files on the xbox at all to verify he didn't do it? Another way this could have happened is he logged into his account on someone else's xbox (which requires a password verification, not just anybody can do it), and he forget to migrate it back to his console. If you do this, someone else can use the credit card information in that account to download things.

There is no way xbox live can get your credit card otherwise.