Complaint Review: Microsoft XBOX LIVE

• Updated: Fri, January 01, 2010

• Reported By: Herb — Mims Florida United States of America
Microsoft XBOX LIVE

Microsoft XBOX LIVE Stealing from my bank account Internet

*Consumer Comment: By any chance...

*Author of original report: Useing windows,but not much longer

*Consumer Comment: Probably wrote this using windows...

Well I wish I never let my son try X box Live.After reading several of reports of how Microsoft is ripping hard working people off I thought I would post my experience in hope that it might help someone else Here is how it started for my family.my son begged us to register for x box live for 1 month so he could play against his cousin.We agreed for 1 month knowing that he would be bored after that and not play it enough to be worth it and that is what happened.So after we seen our next month statement we seen we were billed for the second month and this was only the second day it was renewed.No problem any reputable company would reverse the charges and cancel your subscription with a phone call right.Well not a chance with these guys after talking t them for a 30 minute run around in witch i started out calm and cool had me pretty pissed off 20 minutes into when he informed me that they have now means of crediting my account.Wow a multi billion dollar company that doesn't know how to refund their mistake.Let alone it was only 7.99 but its like they just take it right out of your account and you cant do nothing about it.So I made sure I canceled my account this time I got a reference # and all.The End. ops not yet.

My son then sell the x box to his friend month later and they take it to his friends house hook it up and he shows his friend how to hook it up,they then put in madden 2010 and it says update now he clicks it and there you go it charges my account again now he is only 12 and didn't have no credit card this time But that doesn't matter to them.But wait now I have a reference # that says I closed my account so even a shady company would have to honer that right..Well I guess they would if they were only shady but they are worse than that i guess because after i called this time with a reference # they said its still a authorized charge and they cant refund it either.So now I cancel my account again call them and remove all my billing information and get my new reference # and wait to see next months statement to see if i just need to close my checking account to stop them from charging me..!!

Oh by the Mr Gates I know your company might piss away more money in a minute then I will make in my life time but I will do my best not to buy anything associated with microsoft products ever again!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2009 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft-XBOX-LIVE/internet/Microsoft-XBOX-LIVE-Stealing-from-my-bank-account-Internet-547121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft XBOX LIVE

By any chance...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

Did you enter your credit card information into the console when you paid for the 1 month Xbox Live Gold membership? If so, was that information removed when the console was sold to your son's friend?

I ask because game updates and patches can be downloaded with the free Silver membership. The Gold level memberships are for multiplayer games, exclusive marketplace content, Netflix and parties. Madden 2010 would not require a Gold level membership for a simple update.

However, if your son's friend wanted to purchase additional content for download or play against other people online, he would need to pay for that. If your credit card information was still in the system, he could have used it to pay for whatever he wanted. It's worth noting that there would have been a number of popup screens telling him what he needed to pay for the transaction and that he was using a credit card ending in the last four numbers of that card. In other words, it's not a matter of simply pressing "update" inside of a game and not knowing that someone was billed.

I obviously wasn't there and I don't know what "really" happened. I'm just offering the most logical guess based on my own experience as an Xbox Live user. If the card information was in the system, then this kid could have used it to authorize transactions.

Useing windows,but not much longer

AUTHOR: hwickward - (United States of America)

Yes my wife read it all. You must be employed with them as you didn't seem to understand also that I canceled it and even got a reference number saying that and it still gets reinstated.If they would of said the first time when I called that they will keep my number there and waiting for anyone that might plug this in it would automatically start billing me again I would of told them to make sure to take it all off witch I did this time but by the customer support and after reading other complaints on here I don't expect them to get it right this time either.Like I said before any reputable company would work with you more them.

Probably wrote this using windows...

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

All you had to do was read the terms and conditions before you signed up, everything you're complaining about is covered there.