Complaint Review: Microsoft Xbox 360

• Submitted: Thu, July 30, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 30, 2009

• Reported By:trenton New Jersey
Microsoft Xbox 360
4250 Samuell Blvd Mesquite, Texas U.S.A.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Going on my FOURTh repair in a year. Mesquite Texas

*Consumer Comment: Warranty

On or around June 2008 my xbox broke belive it was E74 error. Called them, but i had to pay 120 or so i belive for the repair. Received the console back and up until July of 2009 it was great.

Then all of a sudden started skipping, freezing, scratched 1 disc, and got hot then eventually gave me the RROD. Called them this repair was free. But of course i had to supply my own box. Shipped the console back, they repaired it and I received it July 15. As soon as i plugged it in it took forever for the dashboard to load and froze about 20 times.

Then eventually it worked, with the occasional skip, also was louder than heck the whole time. Few days later, it will not turn on, I noticed it was hot after it shut off. I let it cool for a few hours, still wouldnt turn on, thought it was the power brick nope tried some of my friends bricks with the same power rating still nothing.

So i call them and insist on a replacement they tell me they are going to replace it. The console is on its way back will be here july 31st this will be the third time. But i talked to them and they said the console was not replaced after the previous manager told me thats what 'were' going to do. They expedited the shipping atleast, but i am receiving the same xbox back. I belive they should upgrade every old xbox out there to the newer cooler running hardware with the lower power.

I dont see how a company is allowed to do what they have done and do it freely with lil effort to fix anything. They upgraded the hardware that needs less power, lesspower = less heat. Now it would make perfect sense for them to upgrade all hardware everytime a repair is needed on an older xbox360. Save them money in the long run, and would save the consumer time and headaches, and money. I will be filing a report to the BBB but if anyone has the same problems as us be sure to let me know!!

Derek ****
trenton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2009 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft-Xbox-360/Mesquite-Texas-75149/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Going-on-my-FOURTh-repair-in-a-year-Mesquite-Texas-474966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft Xbox 360

Warranty

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Did the item last the warranty period?

If so, the company has no responsibilities for the product after that.

Look at computers, they are constantly being made more efficient. Should dell update your computer's hardware everytime they make something run cooler?

I would say the main reason they will not replace it, is you are outside your warranty period.