Complaint Review: Microsoft Xbox 360

• Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Louisville Kentucky
Microsoft Xbox 360
www.microsoft.com Internet U.S.A.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Customer service is bad. Screws their customers. Doesn't try to help. HORRIBLE POLICIES Internet

I had to send my x-box360 off because of the red ring of death They sent it back, still not working, so I am in the process of re-sending it off. I noticed that the x-box screwed up a game disk (Guitar hero 2) and 2 DVDs. I called Xbox, telling them that these disks had perfect circles engraved on them. They told me that they would be happy to send a replacement disc. They then gave me the choice between 2 games; Viva Pinata and Project Gothem Racing 3. I already have Viva Pinata, so opted for the racing game, even though I don't play them and will probably never open it.

I got online today and found this on Yahoo news http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/microsoft-faces-new-xbox-360-reliability-accusations/1274293 It talks about microsoft knowing that xboxes did this before they even released it. I called Microsoft back, pissed now, telling them that I didn't want something for free, just them to replace the SAME game my x-box screwed up and to replace my dvds or give me something of equal value. They said they will not do this, they have done all they can by sending me the game I will never play. That policy doesn't allow them to replace guitar hero games, or any other game, other then about 10 they have on a list.

I am pissed. I have a 360 I invested a lot of money in, that screws up my games, and the one game I actually played on the regular is gone, while Bill Gates sits around and does nothing to try and help his customers.

Any suggestions on what I can do to remedy this? I was getting my son some games for Xmas, but now I am afraid to, in case the same problem occurs.

Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2008 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft-Xbox-360/internet/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Customer-service-is-bad-Screws-their-customers-Doesnt-try-to-help-H-402428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft Xbox 360