Complaint Review: Microsoft Xbox 360

• Updated: Thu, July 30, 2009

• Reported By:Essex Vermont
Microsoft Xbox 360
xbox.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Microsoft Xbox 360 RIP OFF! Piece Of JUNK Poor Customer support bad service junk garbage trash expensive refusal Texas Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Same problem!!

I purchased an x-box 360 with all the bells and whisles to have it break within 6 months with the E74 error. When I contacted the customer support I spoke to someone who spoke poor english. They offered to replace my system with a refurbished which is a joke because my system was new. So after waiting 3 weeks I recieved the repaired system things were good for about 2 months when the system again got an E74 error. Repeted the process yet again, again I was told that they would replace the system. I put a little mark on the system to id it because I had a feeling they werent really fixing the system, to my suprise I received the same Xbox and within a week it broke with an E74 again. All the while I spent countless hours on the phone explaining this to there customer service center who talked to me like I was a child. This if the 4th Xbox 360 I've sent in less than a year. This time they said were going to expidite your shipping to get it back as soon as possible. After waiting 2 day's for my box I sent it in overnight and was told that the system would be replaced and they would do a cross shipment so I wouldnt have to wait. Calling there customer service yet again they said that I would recieve my console July 10 but after checking the status they didnt even get the system out till 7:08 and no saturday delivery. Even know every agent said I would get it the next day dont worry. DO not buy an Xbox 360 it will cause you more head aches then it's worth after all the money they rake in you think they would care about there customers a little better. Oh yeah and the only compensation you get is a free month of xbox gold. What a rip off. Im filing a complaint with there corperate office monday you can bank on that.

Berniemonster
Essex, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft-Xbox-360/nationwide/Microsoft-Xbox-360-RIP-OFF-Piece-Of-JUNK-Poor-Customer-support-bad-service-junk-garbage-t-468559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft Xbox 360

AUTHOR: Derek Nichols - (U.S.A.)

On or around June 2008 my xbox broke belive it was E74 error. Called them, but i had to pay 120 or so i belive for the repair. Received the console back and up until July of 2009 it was great.

Then all of a sudden started skipping, freezing, scratched 1 disc, and got hot then eventually gave me the RROD. Called them this repair was free. But of course i had to supply my own box. Shipped the console back, they repaired it and I received it July 15. As soon as i plugged it in it took forever for the dashboard to load and froze about 20 times.
Then eventually it worked, with the occasional skip, also was louder than heck the whole time. Few days later, it will not turn on, I noticed it was hot after it shut off. I let it cool for a few hours, still wouldnt turn on, thought it was the power brick nope tried some of my friends bricks with the same power rating still nothing.
So i call them and insist on a replacement they tell me they are going to replace it. The console is on its way back will be here july 31st this will be the third time. But i talked to them and they said the console was not replaced after the previous manager told me thats what 'were' going to do. They expedited the shipping atleast, but i am receiving the same xbox back. I belive they should upgrade every old xbox out there to the newer cooler running hardware with the lower power.
I dont see how a company is allowed to do what they have done and do it freely with lil effort to fix anything. They upgraded the hardware that needs less power, lesspower = less heat. Now it would make perfect sense for them to upgrade all hardware everytime a repair is needed on an older xbox360. Save them money in the long run, and would save the consumer time and headaches, and money. I will be filing a report to the BBB but if anyone has the same problems as us be sure to let me know!!