Complaint Review: Microsoft Zune

Microsoft Zune
www.zune.net Internet U.S.A.

Microsoft Zune Screen cracked spontaneously ripoff Seattle Washington Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same thing happened to my Zune

I bought a Microsoft Zune a few months ago. I put it on to charge the other night, and when I went to get it in the morning the LCD screen had a large star crack in it, slightly above and to the right of the control button. I did an Internet search to determine my options and came across numerous postings from Zune owners who also experienced spontanteous screen cracking. Mind you, the surface glass is completely undamaged; the damage occurred from the inside.

I called Zune support, and while the rep acknowledged receiving numerous complaints about this issue, the company refuses to acknowledge the problem. I bought this device at Walmart and purchased an extended warranty to go with it. Walmart refused to cover also.

Richard
Louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2007 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft-Zune/internet/Microsoft-Zune-Screen-cracked-spontaneously-ripoff-Seattle-Washington-Internet-268168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft Zune

Same thing happened to my Zune

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

I pooled my Christmas money last year to get a Zune because it was a rough year and figured it would be a nice way to bring in the new year. When I got it, I loved the interface and design and signed up to Zune Marketplace and used it to get through the work day. I treated it like the valuable piece of equipment that it was and only had it in my jacket pocket, the desk at home, and the desk at work. I plugged it into the charger at night and woke up to the cracks and the multi-colored dots. I called up their support line and they placed the blame on me by having it in the charger and claimed that the same thing would happen if I left my cellphone or any other chargeable device in the charger overnight. I can tell you from experience this is not true as I had my Sandisk Sansa e280 many times charge overnight, likewise for my Nintendo DS, and my LG Chocolate VX8550 cellphone. None of those devices have exhibited similar symptoms. I have learned my lesson and will not buy Microsoft branded hardware in the future.