Complaint Review: Microsoft

• Updated: Fri, June 27, 2014

• Reported By: Diane — FREDERICK Maryland
Microsoft
Internet USA

Microsoft Bogus shipping information sent regarding order, never received item Internet

*Author of original report: Addtion to original report

On May 7, 2014 I  ordered a back disk for Microsoft Home Office and Business, after downloading the program at the Microsoft store.  I received and email saying the shipment had been sent on May 9, 2014 from Minnitonka, MI. It included a tracking number for the USPS.  However, the number sent to me was bogus.  It had too many numbers, and even if I deleted what I thought were the wrong numbers at the beginning of the set of numbers, the Post Office tracking said no information was available for that number, and to check the number again.  After calling Customer Service, many times, I was finally told it was never sent, even with my email. I was told they would escalulate and reship, and it would take another 4 -6 weeks.  Really that long to ship from MI to MD?  I could walk it faster.  They got my money, I did not get my merchandise, and after reading this website I see this is a constant problem with Microsoft.  When is someone going to slap Microsoft with a class action suit?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2014 08:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft/internet/Microsoft-Bogus-shipping-information-sent-regarding-order-never-received-item-Internet-1148718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft

Addtion to original report

AUTHOR: Diane - ()

I called customer support one more time, and was assured the merchandise had NOT been shipped.  However on the very same day 5/22 at 5 PM the DVD did, indeed come in the mail.  I might add, that the shipping tracking number was completely wrong in the email they sent me.