Complaint Review: Microsoft

• Reported By: John — Norman Oklahoma United States of America
Microsoft

Microsoft Microsoft refuses valid warranty xbox repair Internet

RE: Service request number: 1147077507Console serial number: 302030682205

I sent my son's xbox 360 Elite console to Microsoft for warranty repairs. I received e-mail notice today that they will not honor the warranty because the console has been tampered with. This is very interesting,as was warned that there is a possibility thatthey would do this,claiming tampering on a certain number of units returned for repair (perhaps to reduce costs? failure rate on the Elite model is about 18%) For that reason, I've taken a number of close-up photographs of the seal as a precaution, to prove that the unit has never been opened. I never would've believed that I would need the photos, but I've got them, at angles that show the serial number and intact seal together,so I can prove that the console has never been opened. I want Microsoft to honor the warranty, and I will accept nothing less.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2011 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft/internet/Microsoft-Microsoft-refuses-valid-warranty-xbox-repair-Internet-685021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft