Complaint Review: Microsoft

• Submitted: Wed, October 13, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, October 13, 2010

• Reported By: Brian — Milwaukie Oregon United States of America

Microsoft Xbox 360 Microsoft refuses to fix my Xbox 360 after it recieved the red-ring-of-death! Internet

I recently received the red-ring-of-death on my Xbox 360, which would be fine if my warranty hadn't already expired.  My problem is not only that they refuse to fix it, but also that they may have been the ones who broke it.  It occurred to me a few months ago that Microsoft could purposefully send viruses into people's systems who they know have exhausted their warranties.  It makes perfect sense to me, as it would be minimal risk to the company while at the same time helping to maximize their profits.

Since Microsoft would have access to customer records, indicating whether or not their warranty has expired, so they could easily have designed a nearly undetectable virus (firmware modification) that could overclock/overheat their systems, thus causing the red-ring-of-death, in turn causing their customers to either pay the $150.00 repair fee, or buy a new system.

My question now is this, why would Microsoft NOT do this?  It poses minimal risk to their company and also maximizes profits, and the only way anyone would find out about it is if they performed an in depth investigation on the company, and seeing as Microsoft has billions of dollars, who would be willing and able to go up against them in court?

My point is that someone should be investigating this, I would but I'm just a college student who currently is unemployed.  So, I am instead trying to spread this around to anyone who will listen because if this is happening, then it needs to be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2010 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft/internet/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Microsoft-refuses-to-fix-my-Xbox-360-after-it-recieved-the-red-ring-of--650728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft