Complaint Review: Microsoft

• Submitted: Thu, August 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: ChaunceyMcD — Ohio United States of America

Microsoft Xbox Live Billing Random Unauthorized Internet

Noticed a strange debit from my checking account for $20 today. Looking into the account, I noted that it was from "MSFT *BILLING 980520000 WA". Now prior to this, I did make a purchase 5 (FIVE) months ago towards Xbox 360 Lvie services. However, like I said that was 5 months ago and have never used their services or authorized any charges from them since, whatsoever.

I called my bank immediately, even with transaction still pending. My bank was extremely helpful (Huntington Bank) and took care of the problem immediately. They were able to 'dispute' the charge, pending me signing a form at a local branch and get that amount reversed back into my account with 24 hours.

Further, I had my bank cancel my debit card (that I had used 5 months prior for Xbox Live). They can no longer fraudulently (or erroneously) bill that card now. I suggest that if you get an unknown charge from Microsoft/Xbox coming out of WA state, that you call your bank immediately. Research into similar complaints against them reveal people getting charged multiple times a day and in some case having their entire bank accounts drained my Microsoft. Don't let them do this to you. Call your bank!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft/internet/Microsoft-Xbox-Live-Billing-Random-Unauthorized-Internet-931384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft