• Report: #720611

• Updated: Fri, April 13, 2012

• Reported By: Pat — Wellington Ohio United States of America
Microsoft
internet Internet United States of America

Microsoft xbox live taking money off card even if you are not the one getting products Internet

*UPDATE Employee: hmmmm

I am complaining because microsoft has taken money off my account for something that was not received. They told me it was because some game was ordered for microsoft points, yet we don't have it. Go figure. Plus they charged me another 10.00 for some off the wall stuff. I am really dissappointed in this company and I would not recommend anyone using their card, be it a credit , debit, or prepaid card. I feel they owe me 40.00 because of the stuff that we did not order, yet we were billed for it. Thanks microsoft... I really used to think your  company was A1, but you have changed my mind. Then, you take a dollar off an account for who knows why, and I sure don't understand that one. I guess thats why you are rich, because of all the money youve  ripped  off from people

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoft/internet/Microsoft-xbox-live-taking-money-off-card-even-if-you-are-not-the-one-getting-products-In-720611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft

hmmmm

AUTHOR: HartzCollector - (United States of America)

Few questions,

Did you ever call Xbox to find out what is going on and what you were being charged for?

When you attached the card to the account, I assume it was for an Xbox Live membership, did you ever read the terms of use.....that by the way, YOU HAVE TO AGREE TO in order to proceed with the transaction. ....Let's see, in the terms of use, it clearly states that after the end of the subscription term, it will auto renew at the current price UNTIL YOU TELL IT TO STOP.

Also, Microsoft Xbox does not randomly just take money off someone's account for no reason whatsoever. If you did call, customer service could look up your account to see the purchases on it. When a game or any content is purchased from the Xbox, there are a few screens that you go through to confirm your purchase. So.....there is no way that some thing is bought "accidentally"

Before being ignorant and complaining  you were ripped off, contact the company.