Complaint Review: Microsoft*xbo Bill.ms.net Wa

• Submitted: Wed, May 12, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, May 13, 2010

• Reported By: bford — Cedar Falls Iowa United States of America
Microsoft*xbo Bill.ms.net Wa

Microsoft*xbo Bill.ms.net Wa xbox live billing ~ bill.ms.net wa Fraudulent charges to my credit card Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: TRY THIS!

*General Comment: Have you considered...?

Getting ready to pay my VISA bill today and discovered nearly $200 in charges to my card last month from Microsoft *XBOX LIVE BILL.MS.NET WA, all charged on 4/13/10 and posted to the account on 4/14.  7 charges and 2 returns total $189.25.  I don't have an xbox live account, don't own an xbox, and have not purchased anything from Microsoft.
I immediately went to my bank and put a hold on the card and had a new one issued.  The VISA people are supposed to call me tomorrow.  These are totally fraudulent charges, I just don't know how they got the CC info...???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2010 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Microsoftxbo-Billmsnet-Wa/internet/Microsoftxbo-Billmsnet-Wa-xbox-live-billing-billmsnet-wa-Fraudulent-charges-to-my-c-602788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Microsoft*xbo Bill.ms.net Wa

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

TRY THIS!

AUTHOR: Nikki - (USA)

I'm a current owner of an Xbox 360 and a user of their online gaming community. I once had my account stolen, and my credit card used to purchase things from Xbox's "Marketplace." I called 1-800-4MYXBOX and explained the situation, which they took care of immediately. They had absolutely no problem with doing a refund for the things I didn't pay for. They're generally very easy to deal with, perhaps easier to deal with than your credit card company. Also, when you call Xbox, you can also tell them that no charges are to EVER be made with that credit card, or on your name. They can make sure of it.

Hope this helps! Best wishes to you.

-Nikki

#2 General Comment

Have you considered...?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

That maybe somebody got a hold of your credit card information and used it to pay for their Xbox Live subscription? Dispute the charge with your credit card issuer. If somebody used your card, Microsoft can track the console that used the subscription service with your information.