Complaint Review: Mid-American Tool INC.

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2014

• Reported By: Veritable — Eustis Florida United States of America
Mid-American Tool INC.
3642 West 128th Place Alsip, Illinois United States of America

Mid-American Tool INC. WARNING VENDORS!! NON_PAYMENT FOR GOODS RECIEVED! CASH IN ADVANCE ONLY! Alsip, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: FROM OWNER OF MID-AMERICAN TOOL, INC.

I sold this company electrical tape filling their Purchase Order and paid for delivery.  They requested 30 day terms and it was granted.  They did not pay and have made excuses weekly since then always with the caviat that it is being sent tomorrow. They owe me 15,600 dollars and now I find out have several other vendors I know owed in a similar manner.  They should be sold as a Cash In Advance customer only.

None of thes people have any business ethics based on their behavior on this matter. POTENTIAL VENDORS BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mid-American-Tool-INC/Alsip-Illinois-60803/Mid-American-Tool-INC-WARNING-VENDORS-NONPAYMENT-FOR-GOODS-RECIEVED-CASH-IN-ADVANC-1017734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mid-American Tool INC.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FROM OWNER OF MID-AMERICAN TOOL, INC.

AUTHOR: John Ries - ()

As the President of Mid-American Tool, I would like to straighten this erroneous information out immediately. This is just one lie over another. We have a solid foundation and as a man who has been told by many suppliers that I am the one who brought business ethics into the closeout business. The reason we get deals many others do not is the fact that when we purchase an item we pay for it, no matter what the condition is. As a matter of fact I can tell you we have purchased and paid for over one billion dollars worth of closeout tools in the last 34 years and every vendor has gotten paid every penny including this one and in a timely manner, I may add as well.  The fact they leave no name, no number, no email and no way to reach them just about says it all.

I currently have purchased over $500,000.00 worth of goods in the last month all on credit. All vendors will be paid. I am the only owner of a business I know who has purchased life insurance to pay vendors in case I die. My suppliers will get paid whether I'm alive or dead.

Mid-American Tool, Inc. has been in business for 34 years and never ever not paid a bill..  You can check our credit rating or BBB which is an "A" rating at all times.  As for this particular supplier, I was misled into believing that we were buying the product directly from the supplier.  We found out later that it was the supplier's sons friend  who had the products. So we started out with a lie over who owned the product, a common practice by unethical closeout liquidators in the industry. I've had so called liquidators call me and try to sell me inventory in my own warehouse.  He lied when he told us it was his inventory  in his warehouse. I was then mislead about the price, just flat out lied to.  We were told we were paying $0.53 for 10 rolls of electrical tape which is a pretty good closeout deal.  Not great but good. When we got invoiced, we were charged $5.30 for a sleeve of 10 which came out to be  $0.53 per roll.  When I asked him if we could return the goods, he would not take them back nor would he issue us a credit.  I was upset and wanted to return the goods and he was informed of this the day the goods landed. He cried and said he's an old man, in his sixties, his exact words, and he was trying to help his son get in the business. I said old or not that’s no excuse for charging me ten times what you promised me it would be.

Not only that, the terms on this Purchase Order was net 60 days.  We  received the goods on 12-20-2012.  Now, I was upset and try to return the goods but kept getting the I'm an old man and don’t understand what happened, I was just trying to help my son out. I asked for his son's number but was never given it. I have my doubts he even exists. The man's name we bought the goods from is Gary Pardue, he is obviously nothing more than a snake oil salesman with no ethics or even a conscience. When I called it was ridiculous, even pitiful, he went from a confident man who lied to me to an old man just trying to help his son out. He even said he was retired and if so, great as its this type of person who makes buying  closeouts a bad name.

The bottom line is this he lied about the product, when I called to complain, he hid under a lie that it wasn’t his deal, made up a story about his son and how he didn’t know what he was selling.

I went out of town for a week. When I came back, my office manager who has been with me for 22 years paid the bill in full. I was upset but what could I do. I had not explained the entire deal to her and the bill was due. I have not signed a check in 16 years she pays the bills she does not ask me what to pay or who to pay. So she paid it I use my mind to buy deals and sell them and let her run her office, as she does it so well.  If I was here and known that we would have not paid it. The fact is we paid ten times what was quoted to this crook and because my office manager is so good at her job, she paid it on time in full.   We paid it with our Check #6699 on 2-18-13. We received the goods on December 20th.   I would highly advise anybody in the industry in doing business with Gary Pardue, phone #321-422-8667, email:  veritablequandary53@yahoo.com, as he is an obvious liar and demonstrates unethical practices.  He lied about the goods; he lied about the price; he accepted our terms and then complained.  He was PAID IN FULL, ON TIME. HE IS A CROOK.A LIAR, AND HAS NO BUSINESS ETHICS. It will take me ten years to give away this tape at under my cost. If anyone wants some cheap tape call me.

Just the fact that he posted this complaint shows what type of character he is plus the fact he would not leave a name or number, and I'm leaving my information shows you what kind of man he is.  Anybody who would like to contact me if you have any questions, can personally call me at 800-343-8902 immediately and I will personally discuss this with you.

My name is John Ries I am the President of Mid-American Tool

3642 West 128 Place Alsip, Illinois 60803

1-800-343-8902

Or at john@mid-americantool.com

I can also give you at least a hundred great references who I have bought from and paid in full.

As for Mr. Pardue and his team of crooks, buyer beware.