On March 25th, 2005. I placed an order for a salvaged engine. It was delivered on May 21st, 2005 and installed that same week. The vehicle, a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am, was driven 200 miles upon which time the check oil light became lit. I checked the oil level at that time and found it one quart low. I added oil and continued driving. Next, I contacted the mechanic to determine the cause of the issue. He advised to check for any oil puddling on the ground after the vehicle had been driven and warmed up to operating temperatures. This was done and no oil was found to be on the ground. I continued to check and add oil up until the 1,000 mile oil change. The oil was changed and the car was driven again. The car continued to lose oil at the rate of 1 qt per 200 miles. I also noticed a build-up of black soot above the muffler at the rear of the vehicle. I contacted the mechanic again after which he advised there was something dreadfully wrong with the engine.
From June 28 until July 20th, many phone calls were placed, along with one fax and then several emails regarding the matter. Then, either that next week or the following, a customer service agent by the name of Shawn returned one of the voice messages and advised a replacement engine would be shipped. I explicitly confirmed verbally with Shawn that the engine would be tested and started as I did not want another bad engine. He said it would be tested. I also confirmed with Shawn that the bad engine was not to be returned to Mid-City Auto Salvage, but instead, that I should sell it and use the money to help offset the cost of labor to install the replacement engine.
The engine was shipped and received on August 9th and then installed on August 12th. On August 15th, I inquired the status of the install. At that time, the mechanic informed me the replacement had a bad head gasket. The oil left in the engine was milky and when the car was run with a new thermostat, it ran hot. Now, in my possession, I have 2 non-functional engines and over $1000 in labor charges.
Thanks Shawn, for your extreme rudeness and clever theft. Wish I had read the report a long time ago.
I checked out the new website, midwestautorecycling.com/ and found it is the duplicate of midcityautosalvage.com/ Clever to try to hide behind a new name, you should have at least changed the website you fraudulent jerks!
Checked out the ownership records of the website.
Mid City Auto Salvage
2431 N. 30th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Domain Name: MIDWESTAUTORECYCLING.COM
mid city auto
2431 n.30 street
milwaukee, wi 53210
Domain Name: MIDCITYAUTOSALVAGE.COM
Walcott, North Dakota
U.S.A. sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.