Complaint Review: Mid City Auto Salvage, Mid West Auto Salvage

• Submitted: Mon, October 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 19, 2009

• Reported By:Walcott North Dakota
Mid City Auto Salvage, Mid West Auto Salvage
2431 N 30 St Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Mid West Auto Salvage Sold me a defective engine and replaced with another defective one Ripoff Milwaukee Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: MID WEST AUTO RECYCLING, Milwaukee Wisconsin

*UPDATE Employee: source code

*Consumer Comment: Midwest Auto Recyclers.

*UPDATE Employee: wrong company

*Author of original report: Update to Rick

*UPDATE Employee: wrong company

On March 25th, 2005. I placed an order for a salvaged engine. It was delivered on May 21st, 2005 and installed that same week. The vehicle, a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am, was driven 200 miles upon which time the check oil light became lit. I checked the oil level at that time and found it one quart low. I added oil and continued driving. Next, I contacted the mechanic to determine the cause of the issue. He advised to check for any oil puddling on the ground after the vehicle had been driven and warmed up to operating temperatures. This was done and no oil was found to be on the ground. I continued to check and add oil up until the 1,000 mile oil change. The oil was changed and the car was driven again. The car continued to lose oil at the rate of 1 qt per 200 miles. I also noticed a build-up of black soot above the muffler at the rear of the vehicle. I contacted the mechanic again after which he advised there was something dreadfully wrong with the engine.

From June 28 until July 20th, many phone calls were placed, along with one fax and then several emails regarding the matter. Then, either that next week or the following, a customer service agent by the name of Shawn returned one of the voice messages and advised a replacement engine would be shipped. I explicitly confirmed verbally with Shawn that the engine would be tested and started as I did not want another bad engine. He said it would be tested. I also confirmed with Shawn that the bad engine was not to be returned to Mid-City Auto Salvage, but instead, that I should sell it and use the money to help offset the cost of labor to install the replacement engine.

The engine was shipped and received on August 9th and then installed on August 12th. On August 15th, I inquired the status of the install. At that time, the mechanic informed me the replacement had a bad head gasket. The oil left in the engine was milky and when the car was run with a new thermostat, it ran hot. Now, in my possession, I have 2 non-functional engines and over $1000 in labor charges.

Thanks Shawn, for your extreme rudeness and clever theft. Wish I had read the report a long time ago.

I checked out the new website, midwestautorecycling.com/ and found it is the duplicate of midcityautosalvage.com/ Clever to try to hide behind a new name, you should have at least changed the website you fraudulent jerks!

Checked out the ownership records of the website.
Guess what?

US

Domain Name: MIDCITYAUTOSALVAGE.COM

Daniel
Walcott, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2006 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mid-City-Auto-Salvage-Mid-West-Auto-Salvage/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53210/Mid-West-Auto-Salvage-Sold-me-a-defective-engine-and-replaced-with-another-defective-one-R-213772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mid City Auto Salvage, Mid West Auto Salvage

MID WEST AUTO RECYCLING, Milwaukee Wisconsin

AUTHOR: Evert - (U.S.A.)

I bought a motor from mid west auto recycling and i got a great engine and it runs super.
mid west recycling is a very,very good company and is true to there word about the mileage on all motors they sell and they warrant every engine for 6 months or longer depending on what you want?
they have great service before and after the sale.
I talked with a really nice sales person named Charlie on the phone and he was always the one I delt with and he treated me super.
I totally recommend mid west auto recycling to any one who wants an AAA plus place to buy auto parts worry free of any deception or fraud.
MID WEST AUTO RECYCLING IS NOT A RIPOFF WEBSITE!!!!
If anyone buys any thing from mid west auto recycling and it fails to perform they way they say it will.
I have no quams that they will replace it without inncodent,and you will get what you pay for.
If I could I would post my email address and home phone number so anyone could call me to verify what I have posted,it is the truth.

source code

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

where is it enbedded in the code midcity autosalvage.

As state many times before we have no association with that company.

Midwest Auto Recyclers.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Just an FYI. I looked at the source code for the home page of midwest autorecyclers. Embedded in the code was this reference.

background="../2324-Mid-CityAutoSalvage/bg.gif"

Not associated?????? HMMMMMM!!!!!!

I will be filing my report very soon.

wrong company

again wrong company
2 addresses
one is maling address the other is physical address.
anyone feel free to check out MID WEST AUTO RECYCLING ON LINE TO SEE WHO THE OWNERS ARE.

MID CITY AND MIDWEST ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT COMPANIES.

NO PERSON BY THE NAME OF ALFRED WORKS OR OWNS THIS PLACE.

DIFFERENT DOMAIN INFORMATION.

Update to Rick

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

Rick,

I am not sure if you understand the reason I reported my issue with Mid City. I am trying to tell everyone I can that Mid City Auto and Midwest Auto Recycling are both owned by Alfred Talyansky. Just because Alfred opens up a business with a new name in a different city, that does not mean he is going to have it operate under ethical manners.

This past year, Alfred was denied a junk collector permit and auto wreckers license in the city of Milwaukee. Looks like Alfred just opened up the scam business in a new city, but doing the same old scam.

I encourage everyone to do an internet search on Alfred Talyansky and they will find the meeting minutes for which he was denied the licenses. It is my hope that people are not scammed again with the old business under a new name.

Rick,
I find it funny that in previous postings, your address is Brookfield, WI and now it is Cudahy, WI. Does your "legitimate" business change cities every week?

wrong company

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

Mid West Auto Recycling did not sell this engine to this customer. Mid City Auto salvage did.
We have no association with mid city auto salvage what so ever.
Please go ahead and check all the records plus we do not have a Shauwn working at this company.

As you can see in the customers own words that the defective engine did not have to be returned to MID CITY AUTO.