Mid City Auto Salvage 2431 N 30th St Milwaukee, 53210
Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States of America
Mid City Auto Salvage Engine never arrived 30 days later, I was charged without shipping confirmation Ripoff Milwaukee Wisconsin
0Author 0Consumer 0Employee/Owner
I bought an engine for my 99 Grand Am for $995 for 21k miles. This included shipping. The yard took my info on Feb 3rd and I was told they will send me a confirmation with shipping info. The charge hit on Feb 6 but I never received confirmation. I didn't think it was a big deal after talking to Robert Feb 8th because he assured me it was pulled and on the truck. He told me it would be 7-10 days and I was to expect it the following Wednesday. I still felt ok about that even though he couldn't give me a shipper number. He mentioned they use a lot of different trucking companies and it would be hard to find the exact one. No problem until the following Wednesday. No engine arrived and I called to find out about the delay. They assured me it was still on the truck and to expect it by Friday. I was upset but happy it was on the way. Friday came and went. I called Monday and talked to Shawn, the manager. He told me he "wished the guys in the front wouldn't lie to customers and would look the confirmation number up to give me the accurate information". He confirmed that the engine did not make it on to a truck. He then blamed it on the snow that hit that Wednesday. That would have been acceptable, however, the engine was supposedly pulled the week before and going to be here in Michigan by the time that hit. He told me he didn't know why they told me that but he could have the engine pulled by Friday and on its way. He went into the cost of heaters to warm the lot up and his finances. I told him Friday was just too late and he put me on hold to come back and agree to Wednesday instead. I got a call back later to assure me the engine would be there by Monday and I agreed that it was ok but I was still upset. Big surprise, it didn't arrive so I called and got Shawn again and he told me it was R&L carrier's fault and he would get "up the ladies ass" about it. He told me to call back at 4pm to see what had been done. He also mentioned that Don or Dan or Dale (he mumbles) was supposed to send me the tracking info but it never got to me. I called back and received no answer. I left a message. Meanwhile the shop that my car has been at for three weeks wanted to know what was happening and all they knew is it was supposed to be there that day sometime. After no call back, I called again to get Shawn. He told me he called the shop and they said a Thursday delivery would be just fine. I told him that may be but it's not okay with me. I asked him why the delay and he said it was not his fault, that the trucking company is to blame and he has to pay them 2-3000 each time to deliver and they don't. I told him he was supposed to pull the "god damn" engine three weeks ago and he sais out loud "I'm not going to sit here and listen to you call me every name in the book and curse every other word". There must have been people around for his convincing show. He hung up on me. I called my dad to see if he could get some answers. When he called from the landline, our last name must have displayed on the caller ID because they picked up and hung up. He called a second time from a business phone and talked to Shawn. He told my dad that I had previously cancelled the order and it was taken off the truck and that was the reason for delay. He also mentioned that he wanted to find the best engine possible for me. He went on to tell my dad that I called him "a f***ing idiot", which sounds correct but I would never think I'd get anywhere with that kind of talk. He told my dad it would be there by Friday or we could call him back. I went home quite upset and looked them up again on Google to find a report filed at the beginning of the month along with others with very similar stories. I contacted my bank to let them know the product wasn't delivered in the promised time and I was supposed to have a confirmation on shipment upon being charged. I left Shawn a message today that I was going to refuse shipment and ask for a refund. I am going to make it as simple for him as I can with a short form we sign and the funds come back to me and he keeps the engine. I am going to be hopeful at this moment and maybe it can happen without further incident for either of us.
Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mid City Auto Salvage