Complaint Review: Mid City Auto - Shaun Brayden

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 14, 2006

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Mid City Auto - Shaun Brayden
2431 N 30th St Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Mid City Auto-Shaun Brayden-Alfred Talyanski ripoff STOLE $1,995.00 & WONT GIVE IT BACK!! Milwaukee Wisconsin

*Author of original report: lying to the attorney general

*Author of original report: additional events

Hello. I am writing to you from Vancouver, WA regarding a business deal gone bad (to say the least) with Mid City Auto Salvage, more specifically Al Talyanski & Shaun Brayden.

In mid December 2005, my husband was contacted via email by Mid City Auto. They contacted him in response to a search he had done. Low & behold they had exactly what he was looking for (a 1999 Super Duty Ford Engine) for only $1995.00. The company seemed legit & the price was right so we proceeded to give them $1995.00 check by phone for the engine. To make a long story short, we have no money & we have no engine. We have serious doubts that the engine ever existed. We have all the documentation to back up our story, including a letter our lawyer sent to Mid City Auto (dated 1/18/06) demanding a full refund within 10 days of the receipt of the letter.

Since this nightmare has began, we have since discovered that Mid City Auto has over 221 complaints registered with the Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin & as of 1/26/04 the BBB revoked their membership.

During our many phone conversations to Mid City Auto in attempt to get our money back, we have received horrible verbal abuse from Shaun Brayden. The most recent was 1/27/06 @ in the morning when my husband called Mid City Auto again in attempt to get our money back; Shaun Brayden told him "For every time you call me, I'm going to hold your money another 6 months". Shaun called our home again that evening & threatened bodily harm towards our children. (to which we filed an immediate police report).

I have more documentation than anyone could imagine to back up our story.

Thank you for your listening.....has anyone been successful in getting back their money?????? Please tell me how??????

Did you all know that Al Talyanski has a new $500k home?? Hmm.....wonder how he can afford that???

Shawna & Zach
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2006 10:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mid-City-Auto-Shaun-Brayden/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53210/Mid-City-Auto-Shaun-Brayden-Alfred-Talyanski-ripoff-STOLE-199500-WONT-GIVE-IT-BACK-173635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mid City Auto - Shaun Brayden

lying to the attorney general

AUTHOR: Shawna & Zach - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to update everyone on these crooks I now hold in my hand a letter to the attorney general that proves that they stole from us it states and I quote.

Dear mid-city auto salvage and parts:
This office has recieved the enclosed complaint from S. richardson regarding your firm may we please have your reply so that we may determine how to proceed in this matter.

Mid-city auto salvage and parts response is as follows:
Customer receveived a full refund as promised check # --------
We told him when he cancelled his order that all refunds get mailed at the end of the month.....
The letter dated feb 3rd 2006. So where is my refund shuan, sean, or is it shuawn, AL TALYANSKI I WANT MY MONEY BACK...
you see this letter that you sent the attorney general proves that you're lying. you've stated to myself and my attorney that we recieved the engine and that you have a signed shipping reciept saying so. So where is it oh wait you said in you're letter to the attorney general that WE CANCELLED OUR ORDER....

additional events

AUTHOR: Shawna & Zach - (U.S.A.)

On 1/30/06 Shaun contacted my our lawyer. He stated that a law enforcement officer; "Officer Olson" was there with him & that he was filing harassment charges against US!!!!!

However, "Officer Olson" of the Milwaukee Police Dept. refused to give our lawyer his badge #. You think that's strange???

Then the supposed officer proceeded to tell my lawyer that Mr. Shaun Brayden had a refund check all ready to be sent to us but that we werent returning the engine. (the engine that was never delivered). Shaun said that the engine was delivered on SUNDAY to the desitination of our choice & signed for by an employee. NOT TRUE!! Now, Shaun is not only stealing & lying, but impersonating a police officer & falsifying documents....Yet there is no legal recourse?!?!?!?!

Oh, Forgot to mention that when one of our local deputies tried to call Shaun Friday night that he answered the phone as if it were a tow truck business & said "There's no Shaun Brayden here".

We have filed reports with the following:
1-Milwaukee, WI FBI
2-Attorney General Consumer Protection Division
3-Our local Sherriff's office
4-Federal Trade Commission
5-Internet Crime Complaint Center
6-American Bad Business List
7-Fair Business Association of America
9-Craig's List
10-We've also contacted 4 of the local Milwaukee, WI news channels & 1 local newspaper