Complaint Review: Mid Florida Heating and Air Conditioning

• Submitted: Thu, March 22, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 22, 2012

• Reported By: Bill — Gainesville Florida U.S.A.
Mid Florida Heating and Air Conditioning
6100 NW 123rd Place, Internet United States of America

Mid Florida Heating and Air Conditioning Dewey, cheatam and How, Internet

On 6 Mar 12  I asked for a  refrigerant refill  (R-22) for my central air conditioner, as the evaporator coil would get some Ice on it while running and this is a symptom of low refrigerant.  A  technician from Mid-FL Heating and Air conditioning came to my door, introduced himself and proceeded to anayze the problem.

After checking the A/C unit outside and looking at the wall unit in my condo he called into the office and said it was a "CODE 77" in a muted tone over his cell phone.   The technician declared my wall unit and outside unit "DEAD" and said that they would replace the entire system for $4,630.00    When in fact my unit was not dead but just low on R-22.  I told him that I just wanted the R-22 filled again and he laid out a  string of  "used car salesman"  excuses as to why I should go with the full unit replacement.

I extolled that my sole income is $1200.00 per month and he assured me that the income was not problem and I could finance it over some time.   With my mortgage of $800 and having four hundred left for food, fun and merriment, how does this technician suppose that I am going to be able to pay ?

I am opposed to this kind of  "high pressure salesmanship"  and preying on old people to try and scare them into buying the BIG  reinstall instead of giving us a break and doing what was asked i.e. refill my R -22.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mid-Florida-Heating-and-Air-Conditioning/internet/Mid-Florida-Heating-and-Air-Conditioning-Dewey-cheatam-and-How-Internet-857814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mid Florida Heating and Air Conditioning