Complaint Review: Mid State Group

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Mike C. — Chico California United States of America
Mid State Group
130 Crystal Lake Blvd, Internet United States of America

Mid State Group James Turner, Jim Turner, James Turner & Associates etc etc etc Stole our many and did NOTHING for $5000. Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Still Doing it

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Carlton Medical Supply

*Consumer Comment: He is still at it

James Turner was supposed to help my partner and I get a loan to purchace an exsisting business. He called me every day till I decided to go with him and he gave instructions on putting $5000. in his business acct (Chase Bank) and I did that at my local Chase Bank!!! Start the FRAUD, from that point on we have had NO contact with Jim Turner, he won't answer phones or return emails. One time 2 weeks ago I got somebody to answer the # and he said Mr Turner had had a heart attack and he didnt know anything about the business but would get back to me on 09/24/2012 monday....no call or email and have had nothing since.

Not to get personal or sad but that was all the money we had and had to dig that up, what kind of scumm are we dealing with!! I dont wish a heart issue for anybody but....was there one? There has been no credit checks for myself or my partner to indicate this guy did squat. He said money would be refunded if could not get a loan for us, at least TRY!!! SAD!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mid-State-Group/internet/Mid-State-Group-James-Turner-Jim-Turner-James-Turner-Associates-etc-etc-etc-Stole-our-949762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mid State Group

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Still Doing it

AUTHOR: Robin - (USA)

We were hired to work for Carlton Medical Supply and given contracts.  There were several of us that were working.  I was interviwed and given a contract which stated the rate of pay and the hours that we were to work.  I started working and worked for 3 weeks as a call center employee.  I was given the postitiion of supervisor of the call center and asked to design the call center and look for equipment for the office.

After the 2nd week I was called on a sunday and told that I was being moved from the call center supervisor to the head of security.  I was puzzled but I did not argue I was happy to have a job, as my wife and I have 5 children still at home and bills to pay.  A week went by and we all reported to work Monday morning for work.  Molly "Chief" comes into the office and says that Mr. Turner was thinking about sendiong every body home.  SO at 10am we were all sent home in the office.  We were then notified who was going to be asked to come back to work and who was not.  I had worked 3 40 hour weeks at $10 an hour and was released with no explination.

We were told that we would be paid on June 5th wich was to be our regular pay day.  Several of the recently former employees showed up at the office to get paid and tht police were called.  We were told that we would get paid on the 15th.  The Friday before the 15th we recived a letter in the mail stating what were were owed and that we would get paid again by or after the 15th.  Today is June 19th and some people have gotten paid but not what they were supposed and mostly in cash.

I have bills to pay and a wife and children to support.  A group of us are filing a law suit and we are possibly calling one of the news stations that might investigate Mr. Turner and his holdings and find out why he hires people and then fires them without payment.  It looks like this has been going on since 2012 and all the way to California has he taken people for thier time and money.  He has moved the business location from Jonesboro to Hampton in hopes of doing this scam to other people.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Carlton Medical Supply

AUTHOR: Anonymous123 - ()

Yes, everything said about mr.turner is true, and it is now June 21st and he has not paid us I just recently left carlton medical supply been working there since may 5th with no pay. I filed a claim to get my money but that's not the problem, the problem is that he has been doing this for years and no one has stopped him. He can't keep getting away with this!

He is still at it

AUTHOR: Evan - ()

James Turner also goes by Jim Turer, John Turner and Eric Turner. He now has a new company called Carlton Medical Supply located at 2260 Jonesboro Road, McDonough Georgia. He is hiring people with no documentation, he is forcing people to work over 95 hours a week but only promising 40 hours of pay.

He fired three, including my wife because they refused to work these hours. He is running a complete scam with medicaid and medicare. He forces employees to sit in medical equipment because there are no chairs in the office. He then sells the equipment that we were using. He needs to be stopped. He and his children have several companies in their names and they are all stealing and lying.

He promises to pay staff in June but who knows if that will happen. Please stay away from this man.

Carlton Medical Supply: