• Report: #203433

Complaint Review: Mid West National Life, Southern Educators Life, Mega Life & Health,

• Submitted: Fri, July 28, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2007

• Reported By:Alice Texas
Mid West National Life, Southern Educators Life, Mega Life & Health,
P.O. Box 548801 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Mid West National Life, Southern Educators Life, Mega Life & Health, Used so called interest money to pay premiums and never attempted to contact the insured or estate of the policy owner Ripoff Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: This is standard practice.

*Consumer Suggestion: Life insurance info

The initial policy was a college fund effective 1986 that my father who is deceased as of 1990 and I was the inured. The company is now Mid-West National Life, and claims to have attempted to locate and contact with the information from the original paperwork.

They claim to have received all letters returned back and that is a crock. In the end what took place is the policy was automatically put on an extension and was paying itself off the interest and eventually exhausted that so they forfeited the loan.

Not once did I recieve any info or phone call and that is because I was appointed the Executor of the Estate. So you would think that during the lengthy time of a probate case I should have recieved something.

I only have birthday card that were sent to me up until 1989 and nothing else was found in the paperwork left behind. The weird part is that last payment was made on May of 1990 and my father passed on later than that date. Why wasn't I contacted then???
I honestly feel like this company was unprofessional and ruined my dream of starting a new career.

I feel that my father paid for this policy for approximately 4 years there should be an account there for me. They even made me send them certified paperwork and sign a form listing me as the new owner and listing 2 new beneficiaries.
Robbed and violated.

Shirley
Alice, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2006 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mid-West-National-Life-Southern-Educators-Life-Mega-Life-Health/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73154/Mid-West-National-Life-Southern-Educators-Life-Mega-Life-Health-Used-so-called-intere-203433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mid West National Life, Southern Educators Life, Mega Life & Health,

This is standard practice.

AUTHOR: Miss C - (U.S.A.)

What this insurance company did is standard practice. They used the addresses they had to try to contact the persons listed on the policy. When the letters came back, they used amounts previously earned and paid upon to pay the policy premiums. Without a death certificate or other correspondence sent to them, they could not terminate the policy.

Something simular happend to me. My parents took out a life insurance policy for me when I was a baby. They transferred it to my name when I was in college. I paid on it quarterly for a while, but I moved around alot and forgot about it. The insurance company eventually found me again through my parents. But by that time the policy had lost much of its value.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: M K Allaire - (U.S.A.)

Most states allow insurance companies to do exactly what happened here. It is up to the individual to keep accurate records, and leave information as to where to notify insurance companies when death occurs. Update your records, folks.

#3 Consumer Suggestion