Complaint Review: Midas Atlantic City,NJ

• Reported By: George Lees Jr. — Ventnor New Jersey United States of America
Midas Atlantic City,NJ
24 N. Albany Ave Atlantic City, New Jersey United States of America

Midas Atlantic City,NJ Mike and Dave Beat!!! Atlantic City, New Jersey

I took my Nissan Maxima to the Midas in Atlantic City ,NJ. They said to replace the transmission it would cost 2,000 $. So i got the money and came back and gave them 1,300 to order the transmission. They then called me the next day to ask me, a computer tech. who does not know the first thing about cars, what kind of transmission the car had. Mind you, the car was right there in front of them when they gave me the quote. They then call me back and said that they gave me a quote on the wrong transmission and the price went up 1,100 $. So i did not have the rest of the cash at that time so i went back to pick up my 1,300 $. They gave me an envelope and apologized. The next day i went to deposit the money into my bank account and there is only 1,100$$!!!!! in the envelope. I called them and they said i should have counted in there. Two brother's own the shop. The brother ,Dave i gave the money to said he put the 13 one-hundred dollar bills i gave him in an envelope. The other brother who made the initial mistake, Mike, gave me the envelope back with not 13 one-hundred dollar bills, but instead 3 fifties, the rest in twenties and a ten!!!!!!!!! I did not think they would beat me for two hundred dollars not to mention my time!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Atlantic-CityNJ/Atlantic-City-New-Jersey-08401/Midas-Atlantic-CityNJ-Mike-and-Dave-Beat-Atlantic-City-New-Jersey-1016878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Atlantic City,NJ