Complaint Review: Midas Auto Service Experts

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, September 13, 2010

• Reported By: Barry — Pearland Texas U.S.A.
Midas Auto Service Experts
4401 Broadway Pearland, Texas United States of America

Midas Auto Service Experts Jennifer Cogburn MIDAS AUTO SERVICE EXPERT RIPOFF OPERATION Pearland, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Midas Pearland

MY CAR WAS BARELY DRIVEABLE, NOT ABLE TO GO OVER 40.
.  I said MY TRANSMISSION SHOP  SAID MAYBE I NEED A CATALYTIC CONVERTER. MIDAS SAID  a universal catalytic converter is only about $250.   MIDAS said leave the car here; we will test drive it, check it, and advise.  After 3 days they call me and state that yes, it not only needs one catalytic converter, it in fact needs 2 catalytic converters and it will cost $800 some dollars.  I said OK.   When I go to pick up my car, they said it's running fine.  I asked, should I test drive it before I pay?  They said No, it's working fine.  Like a fool I paid first, then test drove it and found the car still barely runs!!   Drove it straight back and they said it probably needs 2 more catalytic converters!!!  I said that's ridiculous.  They said we will knock off the other two and test it.  They did and sure enough, no solution. They refuse to adjust the price or help at all.  I had Chase cancel the Visa payment.  Midas lies to Chase to get the charges reapproved.    They claimed I turned down a diagnostics test.
IT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE THAT I TURNED DOWN A DIAGNOSTICS TEST!!!  THAT'S WHY THEY KEPT THE CAR FOR 3 DAYS - TO TEST IT!

UNBELIEVEABLY CHASE IS TAKING THEIR WORD FOR THIS INSTEAD OF MINE?   I AM NOT A MECHANIC.  I CANNOT TELL THEM WHY MY CAR DOES NOT RUN.   IT IS THEIR JOB TO TELL ME.  I AM NOT ABOUT TO SAY DON'T TEST THE CAR TO CONFIRM I NEED $800 WORTH OF WORK.  THAT IS ABSURD ON THE FACE OF IT!!!!

THE CHASE REPRESENTATIVE SAID HE WORKED AT A CAR REPAIR PLACE BEFORE - SO I BELIEVE HE WAS BIASED IN THEIR FAVOR.  MY CAR WAS NEVER REPAIRED.  I GOT SOLD PRODUCT THAT I DID NOT NEED  ----  CONCLUSION:  MIDAS IS A RIPOFF COMPANY AND CHASE DOES NOT BACK UP THEIR CARD HOLDERS;

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2010 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Auto-Service-Experts/Pearland-Texas-77581/Midas-Auto-Service-Experts-Jennifer-Cogburn-MIDAS-AUTO-SERVICE-EXPERT-RIPOFF-OPERATION-Pea-640066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Auto Service Experts

Midas Pearland

AUTHOR: Jenn - ()

This customer brought vehicle in and told us that his catalytic convertor was out. The customer did decline any diagnostics on the vehicle saying it was diagnosed at another shop. The only reason his vehicle was here for 3 days is because he was out of town not because the work wasnt finished. Also we would never delcine a customer to test drive their vehicle if they wanted to.