Complaint Review: Midas Auto

• Updated: Sat, October 16, 2010

• Reported By: nothappy — Dundee Michigan United States of America
Midas Auto
Telegraph St monroe, Michigan United States of America

Midas Auto Go in for one problem, and now my car is at the dealership with MANY other problems!!!! monroe, Michigan

So, in the beginning of August, we took our SUV to midas, as it kept stalling on us. They "fixed" it with the idle air motor, within a week it was stalling again! We took it back to the shop several times always to be told "we cannot figure it out". So, we had to drive it while randomly stalling, as it was the "safest" working vehicle we had at the time, until one day my suv died while I was going 55mph with 2 kids! I immediatly took it to Midas again, and talked with the assistant manager, told him I dont want the guy who "fixed" it to touch my suv! He said he would personally work on it, and MAKE IT RIGHT! Well, weeks went by, and they could not figure it out! So, one day, we decide to take it off the lot to see if it is still having problems, and within 50 ft of being off the lot, the front end of my car began to shake a lot and make LOUD noises, we IMMEDIETLY took it back! We find out there is NOW a crack in the raditor hose, which was NOT there before, there was NEVER any radoator fluid all over until it was in their shop! Then, they tell me the oil pump is bad, over $2000 to fix! I told them it was not like this until he got in their shop, manager tells me basically there is NO way they could have done this! But they agreed to fix it at a discounted labor rate, and refud my money for the original part they put in. Then my husband contacts their corporate office, and we told them, either you resolve this or we will get the attorney general involved, trying to give them a chance! Well, we then got the run around, they tried to push us off, told us to go to a dealership! But offered to work on my husbands work car instead?!!! Now, our durango is in a dealership, which will cost me $100 just for them to look at it! It now is not only stalling, but now needs a new radiator hose and a new oil pump! We tried to give them a chance, but I dont appreciate being shoved off, especially after my car is more damaged than before! Now I gotta pay the dealership!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2010 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Auto/monroe-Michigan-48161/Midas-Auto-Go-in-for-one-problem-and-now-my-car-is-at-the-dealership-with-MANY-other-pr-651845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Auto