Complaint Review: Midas Muffler And Brake

• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:Corinth New York
Midas Muffler And Brake
333 Quaker Rd. Queensbury, New York U.S.A.

Midas Muffler And Brake Shop Quoted $$$ and was happy... 2 weeks later, problems and rude manager! Queensbury New York

I had called around to my local muffler shops looking for quotes as they vary quite abit. I found Midas and one other major company reasonably close and made the decision on Midas as they could get my 98 Ranger in the soonest. I was told I needed the muffler replaced from the Cat converter back.I asked them to go ahead and they did. I picked my truch up and it was Ok...The following morning I was walking out to my truck and noticed the new exhaust was very visable, which I felt was very strange because my exhaust never hung, as it was always snug. I let it go.

Within two weeks of having my truck done, my exhaust had gotten very loud. I though "Oh my Lord" now what? I looked underneeth and seen where my exhaust had seperated. I called and spoke to them and they asked me to bring it right in and they would check it out. They called me back saying that they are gonna have to soldier it. $142.00 more dollars for something they should have done right the first time.I paid it and went on my way.

Within the week it happened again.I called and once again they asked me to return the truck.No charge this time however I did question the exhaust as now I have Two different Muffler shops tell me it's the wrong system, my origanal muffler was round,new one oblong and the system is way low,yet muffer is tight on my truck box.They have only one braket holding my whole system and Management told me to bring it back so they could put old one back on and would offer no money back. I had contacted the District supervisor who will offer me a refund on the labor IF I will now purchase a new Cat converter, which now the say is the problem.

Now I was told by the mananger, you really dont want to spend that kind of money on that old of a truck with that many miles do you? ( Who is he and what does he drive). It was then that he tried explaining to me that gas had gotten through my Cat converter causing a explosion rupturing my exhaust.

Funny thing is that the break is a clean break at a weld.
My four cylinder 1998 Ranger XLT has eight spark plugs! Those extra four spark plugs will burn any extra gas that may pass through.

I didn't care for the way they looked to correct the problem as money wasn't a issue when it came time to fix my exhaust.Did they look at me on my day off as some poor slob because I came in with jeans and a polo shirt unshaven? I know since I have little knowledge in the mechanics world I put my faith in the establishments hands feeling they will care for my needs as they would thier own mothers...

I now feel that since having to deal with them now for the fourth time, the reason for the problems it isn't any of my own dealings but a cobbled up,pieced together generic exhaust.

The district managers offer is good for who??? Them as it requires me to spend more money for a poorly done job? I have asked for a number where I can speak to the DM personaly and have gotten no answere.

My plans are simple, request a full refund as the product applied is not correct.

Ratsash
Corinth, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2008 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Muffler-And-Brake/Queensbury-New-York-12804/Midas-Muffler-And-Brake-Shop-Quoted-and-was-happy-2-weeks-later-problems-and-rude-342990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Muffler And Brake