Complaint Review: Midas Muffler Shop

• Submitted: Wed, March 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 12, 2008

• Reported By:Melrose Park Illinois
Midas Muffler Shop
2611 Mannheim Rd Franklin Park, Illinois U.S.A.

Midas Muffler Shop Midas drained my oil in spite. Franklin Park Illinois

Back in December, i brought my car in to have the brakes done. To the tune of approximately $1200. Apparently I needed other things that may or may not have needed to be replaced.

In February, they began making noises again, so I brought it back. This time they told me that the calipers needed to be replaced. I asked why they did not notice this 1.5 months ago. I was told that the extreme cold that we were experiencing "locked them up". Complete BS. Cold does not lock up calipers and if they were locked up, I wouldn't be able to drive the car at all. I told them to go ahead and make the repair, but I wanted to see the old parts to ensure that they were in fact bad.

My fiance came with me and looked at the bad parts and agreed that they were bad, however, stated that this is something that should have been caught the first time around.

This second visit occurred on a Saturday. I only drove the car 3 days that week due to illness. By Friday, my oil light was flashing and my engine was ticking like crazy. Now, my fiance had just changed my oil in January. So this situation should not be.

He checked and I was 4 quarts low on oil. 4 QUARTS! He replaced the oil, checked for leaks, but did not find any. After a week of driving, he checked the oil and for leaks again, and still no problems.

I can only assume that the boys at midas drained my oil because they were mad that we gave them a hard time for failing to see that the calipers needed to be replaced sooner. I have no physical proof, unfortunately, but they were the last people to touch my car and there was no explanation as to why I would drain 4 quarts of oil like that.

My fiance continues to check my oil and for leaks every week. 3 weeks later, everything is still perfect.

This is not the first incident that my family has had with them. They also cut the brake lines on my grandmother's car several years ago. Thankfully, that was caught before she got into an accident, but not before she drove out of state and had to pay another shop to repair this gross error.

Sandy
Melrose Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Muffler-Shop/Franklin-Park-Illinois-60131/Midas-Muffler-Shop-Midas-drained-my-oil-in-spite-Franklin-Park-Illinois-317209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Muffler Shop