• Report: #195471

• Submitted: Thu, June 08, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 08, 2006

• Reported By:Flint Michigan
Midas Muffler
Miller Rd. Flint, Michigan U.S.A.

Midas Muffler 802 Loc Flint ripoff, dishonest, thought this would never happen to me Flint Michigan

Went to get an oil change today, got taken for a ride.
I just had my car 97 LeSabre with only 60,000 miles totally check head to toe about 3 months ago, got new tires the works. I am the only owner bought brand new.
Well, today went in Midas only because I had a coupon, to get a simple oil change. I usually go somewhere else.
I thought women were crazy that we didn't get ripped off just because were girls. That there probly was something wrong, intil today. This is what happened to me.

5 minutes into my oil change: The guy came and got me, showed me my car up on the hoist, said see this bolt (seal) this is were your power stering fluid is, see the black stuff around it this is a leak. He had a pile of kitty litter under it with some black stuff dripping into it. I said funny I just got a new drive way done and no leak, plus I've never put power steering fluid in this car in over 3 years. I asked how come I haven't seen any leak. He replied, Oh I don't know maybe it just happened. I said Maybe your ripping me off!! I was so mad. I told him I think because I'm a girl he thought he could snow me.

First of all, there was no dirt or dust in this "leak", and I live on a dirt road. Second, power steering fluid should be red, not black. He said oh well it only leaks when the car is running. Well my car was shut off up on the hoist.

Fishy?? I think so. He wanted $900 to fix it. I had somebody look at it when I got home. They said looks like he took the dirty oil from my change and squited it around the bolt (seal). My friend wiped off the black liquid from the bolt and guess what I've been driving it and can you believe it, NO LEAK!! I know not all Midas or people are like this, but that was the manager who did this, not the worker.

I am so mad only at this particular Midas. Really at that man, not even the other manager or anyone else. I am not blaming the whole business for one mans dishonesty.

April
Flint, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2006 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Muffler/Flint-Michigan-48532/Midas-Muffler-802-Loc-Flint-ripoff-dishonest-thought-this-would-never-happen-to-me-Flint-195471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Muffler