Complaint Review: Midas Pirrsburgh

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: Amy — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Midas Pirrsburgh
540 Clairton Blvd Pittsburgh, PA 15236 West Mifflin, Pennsylvania USA

Midas Pirrsburgh Midas West Mifflin Bogus failed inspection West Mifflin Pennsylvania

In June 2013 I took my car to the West Mifflin Midas as they had done oil changes on my other car and said they would be happy to do the inspection for me. They called me with a total of nearly 500 to replace the rotors and breaks on the car. Said there was rust and corosion.  I questioned them but they wouldn't give me detailed information about how bad it was or why it wasn't noticed before. I took the car to a dealer (who had never seen the car before... but if I needed to parts I wanted ones that matched, not generic ones) and the dealer said (and showed me) that there was nothing wrong with the rotors or break pads. There was absolutely no rust, pitting or grooves anywhere.

I would not recommend them for PA State inspection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Pirrsburgh/West-Mifflin-Pennsylvania/Midas-Pirrsburgh-Midas-West-Mifflin-Bogus-failed-inspection-West-Mifflin-Pennsylvania-1067178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Pirrsburgh