Complaint Review: Midas Poway

• Submitted: Tue, June 23, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 23, 2009

• Reported By:San Diego California
Midas Poway
12672 Poway Road Poway, California U.S.A.

Midas Poway Charged for services that were never performed! Ruined my brakes then charged to fix! Poway California

I took my 2002 Pontiac Montana sports van into Midas in Poway in Jan. of 2009 (Miles 29054) . Had front brake pads replaced and my back ones adjusted and cleaned. My brakes started squeaking after a few days. i called they said that it takes time to break them in. then it started making grinding sound when i back up. i called them multiple times. I kept getting told they were to busy to take me. so i finally got an appointment for yesterday 6/22/09 (miles 32781). They told me that i had leaks on the right and left in the rear and all the brake pads were contaminated from the leaks. They wanted to charge me 332.00 to fix all the problems. I took it to another brake place they looked and my front brake pad had hair line fractures in the driver side and the front pads were not lubed (all causing squeaking). My back brakes were not adjusted properly and not cleaned. there was no leaks anywhere in the van at all. so i called Midas today to tell them my finding and they yelled at me over the phone. i will never take any of my cars or any of my family or friends car to Midas ever again cause i do feel that they were charging me to cover up there mistake!

Judy
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2009 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas-Poway/Poway-California-92064/Midas-Poway-Charged-for-services-that-were-never-performed-Ruined-my-brakes-then-charged-464282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas Poway