Complaint Review: Midas

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 28, 2009

• Reported By:dallas Texas
Midas
2621 Midway RD. Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 972-250-0585
  • Web:
  • Category: Mechanics

Midas charged me $1100 to fix my truck, still not working and no refund Dallas Texas

* : legitimate concern

My 2002 chevy silverado broke down so I had it towed to Midas. They ran diagnostic test on it and told me the problem was the fuel pump. The quote was $1097 so I told them go ahead and fix it.

I pick my truck up the same day and drove it about 5 miles to my house. The next day I leave to go to work and get a mile down the road and the truck starts to stall and has no power.

I was able to get it to the Midas that did the work. I inform the store manager about the problem and request he fix my truck. He starts by telling me they can check to see if its the catalytic converter. I tell him its not the converter the truck was running fine before it broke down. So they check to make sure everything is working with the fuel pump they said they installed and of course it was.

So he informs me that when a fuel pump goes out that it can cause the convertser to all a sudden mess up. I called chevy and they said thats B.S. So the guy know wants me to pay to have him test to see whats wrong and pay more to fix the problem.

No refund was offered, nothing. I don't get it, you tell me whats wrong with my truck, I pay you $1100 to fix it, and its still not fixed and seems to be something else. I've just wrote Midas about a refund but I got this feeling I just got took for a ride. DO NOT use Midas they are shady.

Silverado
dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2007 11:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas/Dallas-Texas-75287/Midas-charged-me-1100-to-fix-my-truck-still-not-working-and-no-refund-Dallas-Texas-284715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas

#1

legitimate concern

AUTHOR: Bill d - (U.S.A.)

i am a mechanic--and a poster on this site---it seems as though you are one of the few that have a legitimate concern---i do not work there so do not know what is going on with your truck--so forgive me for posting what i do not know about truly---but it sounds as though they possibly installed a defective fuel pump??--what they told you i admit is BS  as well----what would be possible is the fuel pump relay may "mess up"--i call it parts envy---i was in the air force---almost everynight---we had to replace parts on the jets(f-15's)---it is a weird theory of mine but if you install new components it causes others to fail cause of electricity(more electrons flowing)--it is like you fix one thing and something else goes----in any case---i will agree---i think you should get your money back if they cannot "fix" the problem--machines are weird to work with sometimes--they are like people---some are a holes--and some are good and work with you---but imagine what it is like being an autonomse organism built like crao through no fault of there own--you would ba a pissed off machine as well--chevy silverado??---you need to take down the entire fuel tank to remove the pump---why not put an access panel in the bed to "access" the fuel pump??---ahh cheap chevy engineering----if you were a machine--and had to get these operations done you may be pissed off as well!!!!!!!!!!

bill d