Complaint Review: Midas

• Updated: Mon, October 18, 2010

• Reported By: customer 10-18-10 — Texas United States of America
Midas
7508 Boulevard 26 N. Richland Hills, Texas United States of America

Midas Tried to make astronomical profit of me. He became very upset when I busted him. He tried to make extra $200.00 profit for a 20 min. job. I was not happy with him, but was not upset, did not raise my N. Richland Hills, Texas

The manager of Midas, Blvd 26, N. Richland Hills, TX charged me about $400.00 for EVAP Detection Pump and labor. The labor was $98.00 to install. Installation time was about 20 minutes, I actually timed him. The difference was for the part which was about $245.00, taxes and some in-house fee. In addition I paid $68.00 for diagnosis which should have been applied as credit if he did the job.

Well, I called around and found out that the dealer a walking distance from his location sold the part for $149.00. Concerned I contacted the manager why was he charging so much more for the part. He became very upset and was rude and hung up on me. He called in 5 minutes and apologized for his bad and rude bahavior. I accepted his apology and decided to work with him.

He told me to buy the part and he was going to install, but did not want to give me my credit of $68.00 nor half of it. He put in writing that he was going to give me my credit if he work on the car. I contacted his supervisor, believed to be the owner and we both agreed that it was reasonable for me to have at least half of my credit back.

If the engine light came back on, he was going to continue to work on it as he said because he was very confident of the diagnosis. When it was time for me to leave, he became very upset and asked me never to return. He was upset because I did not let him make all that profit from doing a small job on my car. He said he was going to call the police if I return to have my car fixed even if the engine light came back on.

This was the worst auto customer service I have ever had. The public needs to be made aware of Midas' rip-off policies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2010 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas/N-Richland-Hills-Texas-/Midas-Tried-to-make-astronomical-profit-of-me-He-became-very-upset-when-I-busted-him-He-652472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas