Complaint Review: Midas

• Reported By: Susan — New Orleans Louisiana
Midas
Canal St. and Causeway New Orleans, Louisiana USA

Midas Deliberate wrong diagnosis New Orleans Louisiana

This happened a couple of years ago and I am still mad. I just found Ripoff Report. This site is really needed. I took my car to  the Midas at 2625 Canal St, New Orleans, La. It was awhile back so I don't remember exact details but want to give an outline of the type of ripoff you can expect from this shop. I had an ignition switch that worked intermittently. The head mechanic convinced me something more expensive was involved and I believed him because I had gone there before and never got ripped off. I got my car back and had the same problem the next day, took it back and lo and behold the ignition switch was the problem and this time they fixed that.

If I can easily tell what was wrong when I brought it in then the mechanic should easily have known what was wrong. But no. He wanted some extra money, so he ripped off an elderly person with limited finances.i reported this to corporate Midas and all that happened is the mechanic emailed me with denials. Corporate could care less. I also got a very overpriced brake job ($800) for 2 wheels at the Midas on Causeway in Metairie. My boyfriend hit the roof! Lesson: never go to Midas anywhere, ever!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 12:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas/New-Orleans-Louisiana-70119/Midas-Deliberate-wrong-diagnosis-New-Orleans-Louisiana-1128898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas