Complaint Review: Midas

• Submitted: Sat, March 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 01, 2008

• Reported By:Elmhurst Illinois
Midas
5 E North Ave Villa Park, Illinois U.S.A.

Midas Tries to damage car Villa Park Illinois

I went to a Midas at 5 E North Ave, Villa Park, IL around 9:30 on a Saturday morning because I had a belt squalling. I told them I had had the belts replaced about 18 months ago. The first person I talked to was very rude and sarcastic. I almost left because of this, but I dont have high expectations for these types of people. They said I needed all new belts and quoted a price higher than I was expecting. I told them this, and that I wanted to call around before agreeing to the repair. The man was obviously very angry. When he pulled my car out of the bay he wound the engine up very high, I suspect near redline, as he started it which caused the belts to squall for about five-seconds. He then backed out into the middle of the parking lot and popped the clutch which killed the engine as the card lunged forward. He got out and walked back inside. I dont think any more needs to be said about my first and last experience with Midas.

Mark
Elmhurst, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2008 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midas/Villa-Park-Illinois-60181/Midas-Tries-to-damage-car-Villa-Park-Illinois-313786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midas