Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management Inc

• Submitted: Wed, October 24, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2007

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
Midland Credit Management Inc
1953 Gallows Road Suite 240 Vienna, Virginia U.S.A.

Midland Credit ManagementMidland Credit Management Inc (for Aspire Visa) Intimidating Scare Tactics Vienna Virginia

*Consumer Comment: How did you file your response?

This company is a total rip-off that uses scare tactic to collect on debt that you may not even know. Aspire Visa continued to charge interest and over the limit fees after my account was closed. The balace when is was closed was 1300.00. Midland Credit Management tried to sue me for 4000.00.

BUT. I FOUGHT BACK AND WON

The first time they tried to get a judgement the judge said that they had insufficient evidence. After that, I disputed the account on all my credit reports. Surprisingly enought Midland reported that the balance on the account was $0. I took that report to court the second time they tried to get a judgement and won. The only evidience the had against me was a phony activity log that my little sister could have created in excel. After showing the attorney my credit report and asking what additional documentation he had proving the account was mine, he asked the judge to dismiss the case. SO THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO IS NOT GO TO COURT. Had I not gone, he would have won with nothing but a made-up excel spreadsheet and I would have be out of $4000.00

MY ADVICE TO ANYONE WHO ENCOUNTERS THIS COMPANY IS.

Request documentation!!! If they have none or the documentation doesn't prove anything, GO TO COURT AND DEFEND YOURSELF! Do not let them use scare tactics into getting thousands of dollars from you.

I did it without an attorney and you can too!!

Yesheva
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2007 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management-Inc/Vienna-Virginia-22182/Midland-Credit-ManagementMidland-Credit-Management-Inc-for-Aspire-Visa-Intimidating-Scar-280644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management Inc

How did you file your response?

AUTHOR: Holly - (U.S.A.)

I'm trying to figure out what to put in a response and how to type it up- i have to do it on my own.

Do you have one i could just look at to create one? I've posted here as well about the same company.