Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Tue, January 01, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 01, 2008

• Reported By:louisville Kentucky
Midland Credit Management
Dept 8870 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management - MCM 15+ years after my bankruptcy discharge, they continue sending harassing letters to attempt collection. Los Angeles California

More than 15 years after my bankruptcy was discharged, I have begun getting letters from MCM aka Midland Credit Management, Inc. The debt listed was an accurate debt, but was discharged with the bankruptcy. After the first letter, I called them and they were beyond rude. Not only did I not have a copy of my discharged bankruptcy at hand, I have also suffered from 2 different primary cancers since my bankruptcy, one of which I continue to fight.

I am angry that these people are stressing me at this time, and I don't even want to acknowledge it. On the other hand, I don't want them going further and damaging my credit report I've worked so hard to repair.

I feel that this is illegal and I don't want to ever speak to anyone from this company again. I could handle reporting them or writing a letter if necessary, but it's imperative I avoid all unnecessary stress at this time.

Any advice/input will be appreciated.

Caribsurfer
louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2008 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/Los-Angeles-California-90084/Midland-Credit-Management-MCM-15-years-after-my-bankruptcy-discharge-they-continue-sen-296196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management