Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Fri, April 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 10, 2009

• Reported By:Baltimore Mississippi
Midland Credit Management
P.O. Box 603 Oaks, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management 3 years and decide to attack me for money Oaks Pennsylvania

Back in 2003 or 2004 I had a Verizon Wireless account. I was in default of my bill and took responsibility for it. I called back in 04 and requested a settlement offer to pay my balance. The accepted my $200.00 payment and I never heard a thing from them since recently, after I had seen this on my credit report and called a million different people to try and resolve this matter. I informed them that I have not received any correspondence from these people in over 3-4 years and that I thought it was settled. I then receive a statement from Midland Credit Management and called them immediately. If I did not open my big mouth to try and set up a payment plan with them, their statute of limitations would have been up! I could have informed them that this was not my responsibility and I haven't recieved anything from them up until I made a phone call to ask what it was for! I sent them a check for $25.00 to see what would happen. It took them a month for the check to even clear! Then they send me a letter stating that I did not pay the $25.00 due on 3/31! Why would I send another check if it took over a month to process my first check?! If only I didn't open my mouth and say I would pay something then I would have definately seeked legal action. My boss is an attorney and informed me that since I said I would pay, the statute of limitations is no longer in effect! I am just angered by them not processing my check and taking nearly 4-5 years to even get something to me. If I didn't make that call, I would have never heard a thing from them. Trying to buy a house and start a family, this isn't a headache I need!

Baltimore, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2009 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/Oaks-Pennsylvania-19456/Midland-Credit-Management-3-years-and-decide-to-attack-me-for-money-Oaks-Pennsylvania-442584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management