Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Fri, August 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 22, 2008

• Reported By:cadiz Kentucky
Midland Credit Management
Dept. 12421 P.O. Box 603 Oaks,, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management, Midland Funding LLC Bogus capitol one credit card debt collection with interest rate climbing 10 fold in 10 days Oaks, Pennsylvania

About three month ago I received a letter from MCM claiming to collect a debt for a Capital One account. I just paid my Capital One account off in december 2006. The credit card number they gave was not the same as the one I just paid off. I ignored it as they were making an offer allowing me to settle my debt at 50 % less than original debt. I had paid my card off and was not falling for that. Their first claim stated that I owed 569 dollars and added 56 dollars interest. 10 days later I received another letter with the 569 dollars with accrued interest of 819 dollars. Quite a jump in 10 days. I continued to ignore it, which I should not have done. The other day I was served a civil summons from a P.S.C office stating I had 20 days to respond. I figured it was about time to educate myself and accessed my free annual credit report with TransUnion and no capital one credit card debt on there. The thing is the several years ago I had joined a credit management program to get rid of my debt and had done so with the last debt that I paid off being my Capital One Card. I had no credit card for many years and still do not have one. The report reflected my paying off all of my debt. I did notice that MCM reviewed my credit report right before sending me the letter of collection. I did respond to the sumons today by filing a letter of debt validation with the court and sending the P.S.C. a copy requesting everything there is to know about the account. We will see what happens.

cadiz, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/Oaks-Pennsylvania-19456/Midland-Credit-Management-Midland-Funding-LLC-Bogus-capitol-one-credit-card-debt-collecti-365913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management