Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Updated: Mon, April 01, 2013

• Reported By: Hye — Los Angeles California
Midland Credit Management
8875 Acro Drive Suite 200 San Diego, California United States of America

Midland Credit Management Discovered I owed $6k+ on a fully paid washer & dryer from 7 years ago! San Diego, California

*Author of original report: Midland Credit Management: Discovered I owed $6k+ on a fully paid washer & dryer from 7 years ago! San Diego, California

I purchased a washer & dryer set from Sears in 2006. Withing 6 months my washer computer stopped, so I had it repaired and a new computer was installed. Two weeks later the new computer broke down again and couldn't wash.

So the maintenance worker placed a new computer in my washer machine for the third time. Two weeks after that it broke down yet again. I've been sitting with this broken down washer machine since 2006 and been unable to use it.

I had no idea they were going to put me on a collection list. I purchased the washer and dryer for $1,600. My monthly bills were getting higher & higher, and letting Sears know I bought a defective showroom washer and dryer that was not told to me by the salesman, I was a guinea waiting for the slaughter. I'm 62 on SSI with life-threatening illness and discovered whats been hidden in the dark.

Original purchase price of $1,600 I paid off early 2007. Hearing of the recent Class Action, I contacted MCM, which claims I owe Sears $4,514.64 and as of today 04/01/2013, their adding $1,500 in interest (Totalling $6,014.64!) on 6 year old paid items.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/San-Diego-California-92123/Midland-Credit-Management-Discovered-I-owed-6k-on-a-fully-paid-washer-dryer-from-7-ye-1039821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management

AUTHOR: Hye - ()

I purchased a washer & dryer set from Sears in 2006. Within 6 months my washer computer stopped, so I had it repaired and a new computer was installed. Two weeks later the new computer broke down again and couldn't wash.