Complaint Review: Midland Credit Management

• Submitted: Wed, September 10, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 17, 2008

• Reported By:Mc COnnells SC South Carolina
Midland Credit Management
5775 Roscoe Ct. San Diego, California U.S.A.

Midland Credit Management Harrassing phone calls for credit card debt settled with another collection agency San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: Its called Zombie Debt

Midland Credit Management has been calling over and over trying to collect debt I settled with another company in 2005. I have sent numerous letters explaining why I am not going to repay the debit with them. I have been searching high and low for a contact number as it has been over three years, I found the name of the company I settled with so I could contact them to get a letter stating debt had been paid and found them also listed as a bogus collection agency. How do I get this settled and get the calls to stop from Midland Credit management?

Kim s
Mc COnnells SC, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2008 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Midland-Credit-Management/San-Diego-California-92123/Midland-Credit-Management-Harrassing-phone-calls-for-credit-card-debt-settled-with-another-371634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Midland Credit Management

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Notindebt - (U.S.A.)

I also paid off a debt in 2005 and Midland Credit Management is trying to collect on it now. Unfortunately I paid with my debit card so I don't have cancelled checks to show as proof the debt was paid. Midland Credit sent my account to a local attorney and then I was served with a court summons. I sent the law firm a certified letter requesting validation of the debt. Instead of validation of the debt they sent me a letter offering to "settle" the debt! What a bunch of crap - tells me they have no proof I owe the debt. Send Midland Credit Management a certified letter requesting validation of debt. Keep a copy of the letter for your records. You can google validation of debt letter to get the correct legal wording for your letter. You need to fight this - I am going to!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Wrath Of Mcm - (U.S.A.)

J. Brandon Black is the Pres and CEO of Encore Capital Group/Midland Credit Management.

Go to BudHibbs.com and click on the Midland banner to aquire all contact information.

Personally, I would not bother with MCM themselves for as you will get nothing but games from them. They are one of the top "Bottom Feeder" collection agencys out there.

Go straight to filing complaints with the San Diego BBB, the California AG, your home state AG office and the FTC. If you settled with another company then MCM has no right to this debt since it has been settled. They should have never even aquired it.

Contact a legal help for you may need it.

I'd sue without haste if it were me. There is no excuse for a collection agency trying to collect on a paid debt. Just more proof that they are bottom feeders and the collection industry needs more strict penalties for their bullshit.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Its called Zombie Debt

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

and the collection agencies will sell it amongst themselves for years.

You have to keep all your correspondence with every agency that contacts you.
That way when it comes up again you can send them everything you have to date.